Calling all Chicagoland Vmax Owners!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spubar44

Reaction score
Looking for any and all Vmax owners in the Chicagoland area including the out lying areas as far out as you want. I am a hard core bike lover and have owned and built many different kinds, but I am on my second Vmax and still regret selling my first. I am a member of the military and move around alot and always have a hard time finding people to ride with. I am now living in Aurora, IL and about to retire from the military and looking for any and all Vmax owners to start riding and maybe form a club in the Naperville, Aurora area. I am not biased to what anyone rides. If you ride and in the wind, you are good! I love to ride and wrench. I have seen a few around here and there, but I know they are out there. If you up to riding and wrenching, Give me a shout.

Also, I am not afraid to experiment, I already have big plans for the max this winter, you may just have to help me convince the wife to move her car out of the 2 car garage for additional seating and beer placement.

I have attached a pic of the starting product of my bike.

Although I do have big plans for the winter, It depends on congress and the president to hurry up and pay me so I can live the dream, because right now, it is going on the second week of a nightmare and no pay.
Oh yea, anyone Hiring?

Attachments

• DSC_0019.jpg
    DSC_0019.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 35
A nice, clean unmolested example there. You should have fun when the snow's flyin'. Warm-up that line of credit!

My daughter's family lives south of Lake Zurich. I don't keep a bike at her home, but there's a roadhouse not too-far from her home where the Harley boys ride in en-masse on the weekends, lots of other riders too, but it seems like the H-D contingent is best-represented. The Broken Oar, 614 Rawson Bridge Road, Port Barrington IL

Here is a site which may help you.
http://motorcycle-rides.meetup.com/cities/us/il/deerfield/
I dunno about #4, sounds like a "Wild Bunch!"

Another site:
http://www.localmotohub.com/?page=2%2C3

And another:
http://www.cyclerides.com/chicago/
This one doesn't seem to have much current content.

Thanks for all the info! I like trying to keep it stock because there are so many out there just beat up bad or severly molested. I may not have any credit to do anything to it if congress don't decide to pay me! But if and when, I have a good vision for it and yes I know it won't be cheap so it will be a work in progress I guess. The main thing I am looking to do is change the front and tail. There is an amazing Vmax out there on the web that I saw called Bobber Max and it had some good Ideas that I like, but I want a wide tire on the front too. Anyway, thanks for the info and maybe I will see you around.

I would like to invite you to the Vmax Owners Association (VMOA) I am the Illinois Chapter Leader out of Mt. Zion, Illinois. I sponsor a ride every Spring with anywhere from 8-25 Vmaxers riding both Gen 1 and gen 2 . There are some really avid Vmaxers in Illinois.

rick rash
VMOA#1283

I would like to invite you to the Vmax Owners Association (VMOA) I am the Illinois Chapter Leader out of Mt. Zion, Illinois. I sponsor a ride every Spring with anywhere from 8-25 Vmaxers riding both Gen 1 and gen 2 . There are some really avid Vmaxers in Illinois.

rick rash
VMOA#1283

Rick,
I appreciate the offer. I will look into it. I hope there are other a bit more close to me than Mt. Zion, because that is a pretty good ways south of me. Thanks

Back