Can someone please explain in simple terms

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EAGLEPI

Reaction score
Hi All,

I am expecting my carbs back from Sean someday soon and when they get here I will have to make sure they are in sync, I bought a Carbtune Pro and after reading it I'm a bit confused.

Me being confused is not strange because I am now just starting to learn how to work on my own VMAX after having a mechanic screw it up.

On Carbtune's website everything is in cm not inches and when I convert for example 10 cm comes to 3.9876 inches or something weird like that. I assume you guys just round off to 4"

Sometimes instructions are too detailed for me and I don't always know the terms, can someone please give me a short tutorial on how to set up the Carbtune Pro out of the box and then tell me how and where to hook up the rubber tubing to the carbs.

When I told all of you I was going to try and learn to do all this stuff myself I wasn't kidding, I also wasn't kidding when I said I would need your help on what might be the simplest things......

If anyone has pictures that would be great, the picture tutorial I believe Chris did on removing the carbs was a great help ( sorry, it was Mark not Chris ). I'm hoping there is something like that on here for Carbtune pro

Thanks
Ron

u see the writeup from mark in the carb section? that should help a lot man

No I didn't and I looked before posting... do you have a link to it?

thanks
Ron

just remember its not so much what the reading is, more that they're all equal. u will be fine, i promise!

Yes that part I understand..... thanks

The restricter is just cut in half and then half again to have 4 equal pieces.... right?

It looks like a clear tube so it can't be put into the rubber tubing backwards.... right ?

There are 4 x 5mm and 4 x 6mm adapters, which ons do we use ?

I noticed that Mark covered the restricter with electrical tape, is that just to make sure they don't pull out?

I think that's all my questions for now.

Thanks in advance

Ron

you don't need the adapters, just plug the tube right over the stem.

Cut the clear tube in four equal pieces. Then, cut each hose about 5 inches from the end and insert the restrictor between the pieces you cut. Then, tape it to keep the hose together around the restrictor.

You don't need the adapters....just fit the other end of the hose directly on the manifold nipple.

manifold nipples, one hose to each manifold nipple right? I know this sounds like I am stupid but when you've never done something like this you question yourself to death.......lol I want to make sure I get everything right.

Yep, will be one manifold port or nipple per cylinder. It's right below each carb. Once you do it you'll feel stupid (as I did) for paying a dealer $60 to sync carbs.

Thanks again for all of your help to everyone... great tutorial mark !!

yep, will be one manifold port or nipple per cylinder. It's right below each carb. Once you do it you'll feel stupid (as i did) for paying a dealer $60 to sync carbs.

i read on here somewhere "trust the tech with grey hair at the dealer" sounds smart

Back