Captain Nemo, your yacht is ready

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pretty sweet, drives home the thought that with the rich getting richer everyday there certainly is another world that nobody I know including me will ever ever see.

Living in an area of conspicuous consumption, south FL, there are megayachts, offshore racers, all kinds of aircraft, and any exotic car dealership you care to name. Houses? Condos? How much do you have to spend? On the ocean or Biscayne Bay? Starter homes for $500,000+ in some cities. Right now is Art Basel, one of the largest art shows in the world. The Ft. Lauderdale Boat Show, the Miami Boat Show. It's like following Robin Leach around. It doesn't cost anything to look.

I want mine delivered to Table Rock Lake near Shell Knob, if that'd be OK.

If gold isnt quite your color, look up the Wally 118. Its what Darth Vader would probably sail the seas with! Best part is, its powered by 3 turbines for a total 15,000 hp if i remember right. Kinda makes me wish i was a millionare with some Freudian issues, lol.

Since south Florida is such a boating/yachting center, there are always lots of interesting or spectacular things to see. I am not a boat owner, the last vessel I owned was an 18' Sol Cat (a 'blow-boat' catamaran) but I have had plenty of friends who own vessels. Nothing on the order of that thing, though.

In my hauntings of places where friends have shops, or being in warehouse areas for whatever, I do come-across the 'high-priced spread.' Not long ago, there were races for deep-V ocean racers, and the warehouses where some of them were stored for work to be done before they went into the water had them being transported out early in the morning. They are so-wide, they have to be trailered on their sides. Pretty-impressive for the $$$$ those things consume.

I've done building inspections in those boat maintenance shops and seeing pallets-full of replacement engines, or seeing the turbine boats being worked-upon is a testament to the free-enterprise system. Where-else do they have such excesses of marine sport? Sure, I know, they race in Europe and Asia, and the Asian economies are going gangbusters right now, but I can't see those racers, but these are in my proverbial backyard.

One of my friends has for many years provided EMS services for the racing done in south Florida and other locations. The medics are firefighter/paramedics from dive-rescue backgrounds, and they are strategically-stationed around the course.

I like the sign in-front of the red racer, and the boat's name.

Attachments

• go fast boat.jpg
    go fast boat.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 16

Latest posts

Back