Carb draining

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Im prepping for the winter. i usually just fill the tank and add stable, but since i've been reading about how the ethanol in gasoline wears out carb seals, i think id rather drain the carbs, but i dont know how. should i attempt it or should i just stick to my tradition?

can you fill the carbs up once every few days by turning the key?

i will not drain mine but turn the key once every 2 weeks at the most...

Im prepping for the winter. i usually just fill the tank and add stable, but since i've been reading about how the ethanol in gasoline wears out carb seals, i think id rather drain the carbs, but i dont know how. should i attempt it or should i just stick to my tradition?

If you wanna drain them you just open the float bowl drain screws and gas will flow out of the drain hoses that stick out on both sides under the slides covers.

Another way is to disconnect the fuel pump connector (to the right front of the battery just under the seat) and run the carbs dry with the engine running.

I'm not sure I would drain though, because a lot of rubber will shrink when dry for a while, especially the caps in the jet blocks.

Back