carb intake boots, anyone?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gtotiger1

Reaction score
Hey guys , I believe I need to change the 4 carb intake boots on my '88, they're still original, while I can't seem to find any vacuum leaks on them with the spray test , the bike seems to act like it has a small one, I have noticed some seapage around them , particularly near the carb bases. My question is where can I get a reasonable price on these parts . My local stealership is off the wall on parts !

Hey guys , I believe I need to change the 4 carb intake boots on my '88, they're still original, while I can't seem to find any vacuum leaks on them with the spray test , the bike seems to act like it has a small one, I have noticed some seapage around them , particularly near the carb bases. My question is where can I get a reasonable price on these parts . My local stealership is off the wall on parts !

Don't forget to check the vboost boots, and air box rubbers and seal. They are just as old, and easy to inspect once the box and rack is removed. You can't always tell without removing them how bad they are. Maniflod o-rings will be disturbed too, so change them too. I'm sure Sean or Kyle have all you need. Walking into a Dealership means paying top dollar usually. They stock less and less and make you wait while they order it for you. And, your order won't go out the same day. The dealer will wait till they can put a big order together with Yamaha. You can do It yourself much cheaper and faster.
Steve

I ordered mine from SHSpowersports. Seems to be a good site so far. I have ordered other parts from them before and was pleased with their service. good luck.

I found 2 that were bad on my 89 so I replaced them. The other 2 must have been replaced by the PO. Made a big difference. You can find leaks by spraying WD around the rubber parts with the engine running or moving an unlit Butane Torch around them... Other chemicals will work too... Easiest way to find THE leaky connections.

Latest posts

Back