Carb problem

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

patriotins

Reaction score
Hey, I'm new and I'm carb ignorant.
I'm trying to revive a '96 max that's been sitting since
2000. I've done everything I can, including the "shotgun".
The bike started, to my surprise, but one of the carbs is
continously pumping gas out of the overflow. I'm thinking
it's a stuck float but I'm not sure. In any case, I need to
remove the offending carb So I can get at the float bowl.
I've been searching but I can't find a thread or a "how to"
for carb removal.
Can someone point me in the right direction?

That's typically a sign of a stuck float. Sometimes you can get lucky and unstick the float by tapping on the bowl with a screwdriver or something similar. If you have to remove the carbs, it will be one of the threads at the top of this forum.

Welcome FNG....

See you're a 'neighbor'...we're located in Odessa....

nG is a Tampa guy too... (at least I think he still is)...and is very carb knowledgeable

Carbs are a real a major issue, if they have been allowed to sit a long time... Sometimes the 'shotgun' method of cleaning will help, but in the case of my '00 model, they really needed to come off and get 'pro' attention.... and I know a guy!

I can offer some help and assistance if needed... pm me for a phone number if you wish...

Philthy

yea I live in Altamonte Springs now (Orlando) but still pop into Tampa regularly. Happy to help with your carbs if you need me to - took mine apart completely last year and rebuilt them just like Unc' had his done. All working great now :)

yea I live in Altamonte Springs now (Orlando) but still pop into Tampa regularly. Happy to help with your carbs if you need me to - took mine apart completely last year and rebuilt them just like Unc' had his done. All working great now :)

Hey, naughtyG, I used to live in Longwood and I worked in Altamonte Springs for the city. I miss the warm weather. Next time you're at the Orlando Ale House have one on me.:icon_jook:

Latest posts

Back