VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DiveRSQ

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

Now that I have the baffle squared away (thanks again donnelly317) im working out the other little kinks on this bad boy. First thing on the list is to make sure the carbs are synced. Does anyone have a carbtune in ct i could meet up with or maybe borrow for some beers? :)

I will probably end up buying one after all the great comments people have written over this thing but coming from the uk would like to get the carbs synced before then.

I get some hesitation at 4500 in any gear it pops and sputters then works itself out. I have ran a bottle of Start your engines and check the fuel filter and it still does it so that's the first issue.

The second issue is the hot starting problem. Gonna check the charging and other fixes on the site soon.

I can get ahold of a "home made unit" that my uncle made.. its pretty sweet. ( I used it on my GS1000.. I'll post pics when I can)
I just need a lil notice.. n bring er on up.

I'm in Vernon CT.

Trouble is.. ull haveto go ridin with me.

;)

(pic of the unit , and my Old GS1000 on life support..(ok,, just bein tuned..sorta.)

T$

Attachments

• sync.jpg
    sync.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 12
  • sync gs.jpg
    sync gs.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 10
I have a set I made from individual vacuum guages. It works great unless you have a stage 7. With stage 7 you would be better off with a weber synchrometer. You're welcome to it for the cost of one beer :biglaugh:

Thanks for the all the offers its cool there are this many local vmaxers in ct. I sent Dr. N2O a pm cause he has the same year bike. But I love riding so if anyone in ct's out and about feel free to give me a shout.

Tugla, I honestly don't know yet. I bought it from a seller who got it from his dad and he didn't know much. I'm only so mechanically inclined i have to admit but my friends are pretty good and I'm ready to dive in and learn. Ive been riding for years but always brought my bike to someone who knew how to fix it.

Thanks Donnelly317 it sounds great now!

well thats the best way,jump in and start working on it. they are not hard at all to set up and tune, just patients. once you get the air screws all set and carbs synced then let us know what its doing and from there can help diagnose a little more.

Back