Caught some air.....almost crapped my pants

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RagingMain

Reaction score
Title pretty much says it.
I was on the highway cruising about 80-85, didnt notice a big dip in the road. Hit it and up I went. Good thing I had it pointed straight. Had my fun for the day, time to eat some Easter Dinner :punk:
Cheers

CRAZY SHIT , HOW STUFF HAPPENS ! JUST BE GLAD NOBODY WAS ON THE BACK ! IT MAY OF BOTTOMED OUT BAD & POGO-ED YOU GUYS OFF ! ( NOW IF YOU WERE DOING 150 MPH , YOU WOULD OF FLOWN OVER THE DIP IN THE ROAD , AND NEVER OF KNOWN THAT YOU LEFT THE GROUND !...:confused2::rofl_200:

I was out for "Sunday drive" yesterday and had the same @#$ thing happen only on a secondary road and I was only at ~65. They were putting culverts or some darn thing across the road and didn't have a sign up.

I didn't turn around and try it again, I can tell you that much.

Damn Fargo!! Glad your ok man:clapping:

Nothing like flying on a VMAX airborne:punk:

I am still cleaning burrito stains from my shorts from the 90MPH launch @ 150+ feet launch I had over last summer.

Anyone can jump a 2 stroke ying yanging 200lbs dirtbike but try a 600lb. clumbsy VMAX

Damn Fargo!! Glad your ok man:clapping:

Nothing like flying on a VMAX airborne:punk:

I am still cleaning burrito stains from my shorts from the 90MPH launch @ 150+ feet launch I had over last summer.

Anyone can jump a 2 stroke ying yanging 200lbs dirtbike but try a 600lb. clumbsy VMAX

Yo Donn
Did you post about this, I dont remember reading about it???
Cheers

Yo Donn
Did you post about this, I dont remember reading about it???
Cheers

Yeah I posted it in the lounge I believe back in the later part of the summer. It was the same weekend I stared down the barrel of a .45 being told that I would have my head blown off. It was a very exciting weekend..
Basically pushing the VMAX past its limits riding with a Gixxer 1000, Kawi 1200, and a new 08 CBR600R on some 2 lane backroads running hard, I was able to keep them within my site about 100-150 ft until they came to a straight away and ran em up over 130 mph I let em go and came up to a Y intersection running over 100+ mph and knew I couldnt make either the left or the right so I decided to go straight into a field basically after locking the brake until the last part of the blacktop I was doing 90-95 mph and shot off airborne,, I flew over 150+ ft the problem was I didnt think I was going to clear a burm so I gassed it to bring the front end up but I cleared it and landed at 11 oclock postion which slammed the front end so hard when I landed it popped the tie strap (Had the front end strapped down with no travel).. landed her and coasted to a stop in the middle of some farmers field sat there and thought my heart was going to rip out my chest from beating so hard!! It was the most exciting ride I been on,, beats any amusment park ride for sure and I didnt have to stand 3 hours in line. :rofl_200:

On the road down to Deals Gap, there is a section of I-640 that would make you all very happy. Running along minding my own business when all of a sudden there was a ramp in the road. Both I and my buddy riding a Hardley went up. No sooner did we hit the ground, we hit another ramp....up again. It's one thing to expect it, completely another to be zoning and then flying. We slowed down a little on that road.

I used to have a KTM Duke II with the usual host of go faster goodies. (exhaust, rejetted, 3x3 airbox mod)

It was sprightly. Anyhoo... I was goofing off in the mall parkinglot with some friends on sportbikes. They dared me to jump a handicapped access curb on the corner at Sears.

First things first, I'm a previous motorcross guy. While I never jumped doubles or triples (my dirtbikes were dual shock back then) I certainly have a small taste of what catching air is like.

I think I hit that ramp @ 30mph and SAILED through the air. They said they could hear me scream over the sound of my Staintunes and through and Arai.

I.shit.my.pants. I bet I flew 4 feet off the ground and landed 20 feet away with neither foot on the footpegs.

Almost ate a lamp post for my troubles. Never entertained that thought again. My next kid came out bruised.

Latest posts

Back