cbx 1000 :)

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shorthair88

Reaction score
I just started a new job and now I want to find my second dream bike, ( first was a 85 mint condition max ) TaDaaa.. Since they only made them for a few years and are hard to come by I won't insist on the first year made like I did the max. Ebay is slim pickings so If anyone has a lead on one that would be great.

Thanx all
Shorthair..........

CaptInkyle who is on this and the VMOA forums has one he might part with. While I can't say I see them all the time for sale, I do see them with some regularity and they are usually nice shape. ActuLly more expensive than older Maxes. If I see one ad ertised here in SW Fla. I will let you know.

Took me all of about five minutes to find an 82 SS model with three yes three miles on it for 5K OBO. I am assuming you are looking for the fully faired model yes? Also found the unfaired one too for less. Oh, the three mile one is not the usual white and blue trim but the metallic silver and black model. Patmax

Took me all of about five minutes to find an 82 SS model with three yes three miles on it for 5K OBO. I am assuming you are looking for the fully faired model yes? Also found the unfaired one too for less. Oh, the three mile one is not the usual white and blue trim but the metallic silver and black model. Patmax

If it is silver and black, it should be a 1981 model. The pearl white and blue is an 82. I had a black 80 model back in the early 80's. The 79 is the most collectible and can be very expensive if in great shape. The baggers are not really considered collectible.

1979 - two colors - red or silver - naked bike
1980 - two colors - red or black - naked bike
1981 - one color - silver/black - bags and fairing
1982 - one color - white/blue - bags and fairing

Yeah I found the 81 for % grand but dont know about getting a title for it since it only has a bill of sale. I would let mine go for $4,000 thats about bottom dollar. I was really waiting to sell it untill I got my website up & running. I can get better money for it over seas.

Attachments

• 82 honda CBX.jpg
    82 honda CBX.jpg
    9 KB · Views: 26
  • 82 honda cbx & dogs 001.jpg
    82 honda cbx & dogs 001.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 25
  • 82 honda cbx & dogs 006.jpg
    82 honda cbx & dogs 006.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 22
  • 82 honda cbx & dogs 002.jpg
    82 honda cbx & dogs 002.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 22
Thanx 4 the responces,
After more research I got greedy and now insist on the 79 modle ( first year )..lol..thanx alot for the info, Iv'e since found a few 79's that cost a fortune, I'll most likely buy one of them in the next year or so. bring it to some of the the local bike nite's & grin like a bloomin idiot...but still talk about the 85 max thats back at home.

Shorthair.........

Back