Chain drive conversion

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oxmason

Reaction score
has any one done a chain drive conversion? How exspensive is this, and how difficult? I understand we lose a lot of HP thru the Shaft, (is that why the max has 145 hp at the crank and 116 or so at the wheel?) thanks

Ox

The most I have seen chain guys gain is 7 bhp. Not sure about torque. I think you need to modify or change out the fuel tank. I would contact Paul at http://www.madmax.com/. He's an expert.

Mark

i've got a different chain drive option then most offer (though I do have a set of chain drive cases I would sell or build as well as a drag bike chassis and even swingarm). The chain drive would allow for much longer maintenance then the normal modification as the bearing is still allowed to be oiled where the others are not and require a lot of maintenance. It would also allow the use of a 300 and maybe wider tire. We haven't had time to play with it but if I had a serious customer then we would consider getting started on it.

sean morley

Back