changing to a Weber carb...

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah it purdy much sucks, thanks for the sympathy.
The bike runs awesome. It should probably go a tiny bit smaller on the main jets, it's just a little fat at cruise 13.5-14 AFR. I did open the air correction jets a touch which made the transition from idle to "hang on!" a little less abrupt. What is really cool about this carb is I can change main jets in about five minutes and it never comes out of synch. I'm getting roughly 35-40 mpg now, if I ride it like an old man with a fucked up neck but that's near impossible to do, that 0 to 100 rush is just too hard to resist. Maybe who ever ends up with it will let me help them finish dialing it in. I'll still be lurking around these parts cuz I still got the affliction, the VMAX affliction.

Thanks Jay

What has happened to the set-up? I would be very interested in continuing the development.
Many, many thanks!

I don't know how it's working out for the new owner, I haven't heard any complaints. I loved it. If I could build a decent looking Vmax trike I'd do it again but with an IDA or IDF Weber. I've gone from the 'dark side' to the paisley side my current project is a VW baja bug pickup for me, my grandson wants to build a VW ratrod, he's 13, fun times are coming.

Back