• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to VMAX Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Cheap '85 for parts

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RaWarrior

Reaction score
https://austin.craigslist.org/mcy/d/1985-yamaha-vmax-1200cc-1000/6268174583.html

That's been on the local CL for a couple months now with the price steadily trickling down, started at like $2k. I'm sure you could probably buy this thing for around $700. I'm guessing the owner's "murdered out" paint job isn't exactly attracting a lot of interest- note he even felt the need to spray paint the rotors and fork tubes.

Who knows what mechanical issues it has, but for a complete parts bike wouldn't be a bad buy. Might get lucky and the engine is totally fine.

That sure is...dark.

I agree, worth 1/2 of what he's asking now. Rarely would I ever pay 4 figures for a non-runner, it would have to be in really great shape cosmetically, w/accessories.

Hmmmm, not a big fan of a COMPLETELY murdered bike, but could be used for parts.

Back