Choke and Low Milage??

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Karmakatt

Reaction score
Hey guys-

On average I get 130km or 80 Miles till my light comes on. First off, it's warming up in Canada finally and I'm using the choke less and less. Basically, I keep
Adjusting the choke lower and lower till I reach my idle. I've kept it choked for quite a while when it's -5 C or 23 F. And it's starting to warm up more and more. Will running the choke make that much of a difference? Do you guys still choke it down South (lucky!! LUCKY!!!)??
I just had her tuned with Jon's 4/2..
I ride like a Hooligan quite often and don't see my Oil Light more than 1 once or 2 a day..

Thanks boy-o's !!

Lee

Only choke for a minute but its also 50-80 degrees right now.
Am getting the same 80 miles for the light to come on

Am I on the right track by choking till idle is reached without it? I may adjust up to a few times as she starts too warm up.. I'd imagine your 1500 sucks more fuel though??

BTW, loving your ride man! Did you do the 1500 or PCW Techs? How many hours??

Thx!!

Ive always been told, that if you DONT have to choke your bike to get it started...then you A/F screws are too rich. I usually get 90 to 100 miles before the light comes on. I usually have to choke for about a min...and then start easing it off. I live in Oklahoma.

Here in Newfoundland it's still pretty cold. 5 C today... started with full choke, slowly bring it down for about 2-3 min before it idles in its own. I also get approx 130km before light comes on, and I ride like a hooligan most of the time. Mileage is much better if wifey is on back, no Vboost then lol.

Here in Newfoundland it's still pretty cold. 5 C today... started with full choke, slowly bring it down for about 2-3 min before it idles in its own. I also get approx 130km before light comes on, and I ride like a hooligan most of the time. Mileage is much better if wifey is on back, no Vboost then lol.

Newfoundlanders, nicest Canadians in the country.. And you not hitting 6K with your wife on back proves it!!
If your in the T.O. area come say hi!!

Lee

My wife's a newfoundlander. She is super nice.

Good hearted people.. My mom had lots of friends and the ones I've met treated me like a brother right off the bat..kind of thing you never forget:clapping:
Thatd be a great ride, out east!!
Take care brother!!

Newfoundlanders, nicest Canadians in the country.. And you not hitting 6K with your wife on back proves it!!
If your in the T.O. area come say hi!!

Lee

Lol... Thanks. If I take it over 6K, I think I'd be sleeping on the sofa. When we were younger, I had a V65 Magna and did a few stupid stunts with her on back. Passed her Dad at 180km/h with her on back once. I didn't know he was in the line of traffic. I wouldn't go to her house for about a month!

Same goes for you if you visit Newfoundland. I'm actually looking into taking my 4 year old son to Toronto to see Monster Jam in the Rogers Center. I'll look you up if we go.

Absoultly!!
My buddy went last year and had a blast!!!

PM me anytime!!

Lee
VMOA 5652

Back