Choke issues

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AtlasMax

Reaction score
Help! I am stumped. My choke seems to flood the bike bad when starting and drops out cylinders. I have two sets of carbs and changed the right side set twice and cannot get the idle screws to act properly even after sonic cleaning as well.

I am using stage 7 needles with all stock air jets and stock pilot jets (brand new) The main is a 155. I replaced the rubber plugs in the jet blocks and the block gasket as well. I set the float level dry, but not wet.

I also have an irritating miss between 4000 and 5000 rpms I can't seem to solve.

I use the morgan carbtune and it appears the sync is right on

Ideas on this? CV carbs are a serious learning experience.:bang head:

Have u tried to use very little choke and once running turn choke off,some bikes don't need a lot of choke to start.

Should double check the wet level also just be make sure it's spot on.

Are you running a aftermarket pipe or anything,do you have the full stg 7 kit and is that dj 155 or mukuni 155.

I need a tiny bit of choke to start, but its the same problem in cold temps and then that small window doesn't work to start the bike.
I run a kerker 421 with a marks can on the back, Morley airbox, slide springs, air correctors and mikuni brand jetting only (155).

Even with the tiny bit of choke it sputters with cylinders dropping from flooding and the RPM is too low to sustain the idle until I can massage it long enough to warm up.

Back