Christmas lights.....Ugh!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rusty McNeil

Reaction score
Last day off work before driving to San Jose California from Houston for a four month project, working the week and driving all next weekend.........Flying home every couple of weeks after....

Spending it hanging Christmas lights in the yard...:bang head:

Ugh!!

I absolutely hate this crap...I know as soon as I get done my Wife is going to look at it, then get in her car, drive around the neighborhood, and then go to the store and get more.........:damn angry:

She knows I cant stand it tho' and we've agreed to only do it every other year.....:clapping:

Did I mention I love her and thinks she's awesome? Still....A man can't have everything.....:ummm:

i hate stringing up lights, too. however, i do like the oogling over the end results and puffing up with pride in my ability to create a masterpiece. i hate taking them down even more, because i methodically pack the strings away so that the following year the thought of throwing out the rat's nest doesn't cross the mind.

we're not gonna spend the holidays at the house this year. i hope i can convince the family of the uselessness and vanity of hanging them up.

I prefer to see "Those Others" who go to an excess on the lights and displays. I do none of it but they offer some really cool photo ops with my bikes.

Ditto, brother. Just helped with Christmas tree and, as Clark Griswold says....exterior illumination. I hate it. I love the holiday season and being with my family but not into this showboat shit. So, afterwards....I'm sitting in my mancave getting lit off homebrew.

My christmass light are`nt done yet and it`s 15*F outside:bang head:
buarq:damn angry:

but around December 15th we walk the forest around home seeking for a christmas tree:clapping::eusa_dance:

Well, doing it for this wounderfull Lady who`s stuff my Vmax in the leeving room for two winters in row, yeha:punk::punk:

Christmas looks like a biker meeting, when everyone are going on it could look great:band:

Happy fall ending

When my mom was still alive, we used to do the house competition. I'm glad we don't anymore. Electric prices are through the roof up here. we pay about 150% more than the lower 48 and other parts of the state.

Golden Valley Electric is the only supplier here, and they are a gouging bunch of pricks. I have my house running on all electric friendly equipment, and bulbs, and I'm still $54/mo, but with the Meter reading fees (its all digital, they just drive by and collect the neighborhoods data) and surcharge, the bill is just under $200/mo.

If I were to put out the lights again, $450+ would easily be the bill.

I dont get to Crazy any more.Scares the shit outta me just cleaning the chimney.Just get the grandkids up here,Let nana supervise,Go get the tree.And let them have at it.My lil cohorts.partners in crime

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back