chrome engine covers?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dbeller

Reaction score
Hello all,
Last week I purchased a project '86 VMax. I love this bike! I am in the process of doing some cosmetic work and I have noticed many of the bikes pictured on here have some chrome "V" covers on the engine that cover up much of the carbs on both sides. Does anyone know if the "86s didn't come with these or if mine are just missing? I can't find any on e-bay or in any schematics on bikebandit, etc. Anyone know where I can get some if they are not outrageously priced? Thanks.

Derek

P.S. I'll probably have a lot more questions after reading all the posts a few times here.

Hello all,
Last week I purchased a project '86 VMax. I love this bike! I am in the process of doing some cosmetic work and I have noticed many of the bikes pictured on here have some chrome "V" covers on the engine that cover up much of the carbs on both sides. Does anyone know if the "86s didn't come with these or if mine are just missing? I can't find any on e-bay or in any schematics on bikebandit, etc. Anyone know where I can get some if they are not outrageously priced? Thanks.

Derek

P.S. I'll probably have a lot more questions after reading all the posts a few times here.

First, congratulations on joining the family!

Second:

Stock: http://www.streetfightersinc.com/GSGCarbCoversVmax.jpg

Not Stock: http://www.pythonmotorsports.com/vmax/vmax_products/DR_3D_carbinserts.html

Is this what you are talking about???

Neil

I have the stock set I took off my bike to put the Vgas on,if your interested in those contact me.

Neil. That is exactly what I'm talking about. Thanks.

Hercules, I'm definitely interested in your stock ones. Shoot me an e-mail with price + shipping to 74014 and we'll definitely talk. Thanks!

[email protected]

Back