Chrome

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rusty McNeil

Reaction score
Sorry I can't remember whether it was Shawn Kloker or Morley but this is for whoever does the chrome work.

Could the Yamaha emblem on the scoops be filled in and polished and then chromed so that the emblem was GONE?

How much would this cost for the scoops and sidecovers?

Sean Morley does the chroming.
I was thinking about doing the cutouts on mine with led lights under them.

I was actually already thinking of doing that. We tried once already and it really didn't fill for shit. The material is so crappy that welding it is nearly impossible. We are going to try again on another one but have to find one of my crashed ones to play with.

We did however experiment with two tone chroming a few parts and they came out awesome!!!!

We did a bad side cover with regular chrome on top and black chrome on the bottom and it looks very sweet. We should be able to do a scoop too. I am trying a bunch of other parts too and hope to have them back and on the bike by Daytona.

Sean

I was down at Seans last week picking up a Muscle seat and I saw that 2 tone Chrome top/BlackChrome bottom sidecover Sean mentioned and it does look VERY COOL!
The Scoops would look very good that way as well!!

Zeke

I have also given a bit of thought to welding the indented "Yamaha" on the scoops over and powder coating or chroming. Guess its time to buy a set off flee-bay and give it a try. I've had decent luck welding "ditry " aluminum.

If the cleanup was succesful I wanted to put the "VMax" from the side cover on the scoop??? What do you think about that???

Lew

Lew L said:
I have also given a bit of thought to welding the indented "Yamaha" on the scoops over and powder coating or chroming. Guess its time to buy a set off flee-bay and give it a try. I've had decent luck welding "ditry " aluminum.

If the cleanup was succesful I wanted to put the "VMax" from the side cover on the scoop??? What do you think about that???

Lew

these arent chrome, but i like them w/ the carbon fiber tank....

127368052-M.jpg

Heyyyyyyyy!!!!!!! I like the looks of those scoops with the Carbon look alot!! Can you explain what you did? Thanks

Zeke

Say Mbannon,
A number of us here are liking this. Could you give us some more info please????
I promise I won't copy it.:eusa_dance:

Lew L said:
Say Mbannon,
A number of us here are liking this. Could you give us some more info please????
I promise I won't copy it.:eusa_dance:

It isnt my bike. It was one I was looking at when I bought mine. I wish I had bought it now however. I think the scoops were filled in with bondo and painted. Then they just glued the emblems on. In the hi rez pic of the scoop you can see where they got sloppy with the glue. Here is a pic of the whole bike....

127549043-M.jpg

Lew L said:

Lew

One of the vendors that sell VMax stuff have scoops with no indent, or anything else on them. It may be Exactrep, but I'm not sure.

Back