Circle tour - 2014

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Miles Long

Reaction score
Lads/ Lasses
Just got permission from The Boss, I'm on my own till early September. My many home renos during the winter and spring did the trick.
Of course, all depends on my health, home issues, and how the bike is working. Might be a two month tour, might be only a week or two.
Best case scenario - Leaving home June 23/24th, thru New England, N.Y, Penn., W. Virg., Kentucky, Georgia, into Alabama. I have heard a lot about how scenic Alabama is. Hope to do some of the tours, as described in various M.C. touring websites.
Then across Louisiana, Texas, New Mexico, Arizona, to So.cal . Then up the Pacific Coast Highway, into British Columbia, where I have friends and relatives to visit. Then to Alberta, where Romax has got some V-max tours organized, then home via Canada, and Michigan Upper peninsula, where my good friend Redbone has said he will have a cold beer waiting. Then home , via Quebec or New England.
As usual, not sure of my actual route, or timeline. I'm never in any rush, sometimes I will stop 20-30 times a day, for photos, or to visit historical sites, or sometimes just to rest for a day or two.
Please - anyone along my general route- send me a P.M. with your contact info - I'd like to meet up with you, if possible.
I already have a few names from East Coast folks, but please update.

Cheers!

If you happen to be in the Johnstown Pa area during the thunder event, be sure to drop by the Days Inn in Somerset and say hi to everyone!!.......:punk:.......Tom.

If you travel near the skyline drive in VA, especially if your heading down 81 through VA at some point, give me a shout. I doubt you will be if your gonna head through KY and WVA though. And if you have any problems, dont forget, about anybody on here will come to help you. Have fun!

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

If travelling across New Mexico on the I-40 you can always swing down into Sedona via the 89A thru the canyon (great ride) or the I-17. Would love to be able to meet up with some one from this forum. I do work nights for now. I am head of security for a 4 star hotel and if you need a room I can arrange one for cheap. It's the Sedona Rouge Hotel and Spa if you care to look it up. Had a chance to meet I think it was VMX88 but I had just started the job and had slept in too late. If you might be interested after researching the hotel and area just pm me. :biglaugh:

If travelling across New Mexico on the I-40 you can always swing down into Sedona via the 89A thru the canyon (great ride) or the I-17. Would love to be able to meet up with some one from this forum. I do work nights for now. I am head of security for a 4 star hotel and if you need a room I can arrange one for cheap. It's the Sedona Rouge Hotel and Spa if you care to look it up. Had a chance to meet I think it was VMX88 but I had just started the job and had slept in too late. If you might be interested after researching the hotel and area just pm me. :biglaugh:

After some solo riding in Arizona & Utah a few years back, I thought the area was the most spectacular I had seen, so consequently I took my wife back the next year, and rented a car in Flagstaff. Two weeks of glorious weather and scenery, including Sedona and area. I want to see more - on the bike again - especially the northern regions of Utah.
Thanks for the offer, I might look you up!
Cheers

Miles, when you get to California, give me a call. If I can, would like to meet up and ride a couple hundred miles with you.

Joe

Not when, but if I get to California . The west coast is the best-case scenario, there are a few issues when on the road, and at home, that may limit the time I can spend traveling.
But I've made it to the left coast a couple times now, hopefully my luck will come in threes.
It sure would be groovy to have a Bud to ride with for a spell. Will certainly ring you up, maybe even e-mail, or that other thing when you talk to your computer - Skit? Skite?
I purchased an 8-inch "Tablet" last week., but I'm not good with such things. My last electronic purchase was in 2008, when I bought my "flip-phone", which I still use. I just recently found out how to store telephone numbers in it. Neat feature!
I'm now on page 3 of the 128-page tablet instructions - "How to turn on your tablet". Hopefully by the end of the summer I will have learned to e-mail, take photos, maybe even access the internet!
Someone told me to connect to the internet I will have to stay at a motel or campsite that advertizes "Free Wife"
Is this the motel owner's wife? If she's free, what other services does she provide? Is it customary to tip her, when she connects you to the net?
Hope to hook up with ya, Joe
Cheers!

Yippie!
My first post using my Tablet!
There is hope for this old fella yet!
All packed, leaving in the A.M.
Be Well, all
Cheers!
p.s. took me 20 minutes to write this. Gotta get faster!

You crack me up Miles. If it is an Android tablet you should grab Tapatalk HD from the "Play Store" it will make the forum much more user friendly. Getting yourself acclimated with technology on the other hand might take a bit longer. Feel free to hit me up if you have any questions on it, I'm a geek and happy to share my knowledge :punk:

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

You crack me up Miles. If it is an Android tablet you should grab Tapatalk HD from the "Play Store" it will make the forum much more user friendly. Getting yourself acclimated with technology on the other hand might take a bit longer. Feel free to hit me up if you have any questions on it, I'm a geek and happy to share my knowledge :punk:

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I appreciate the offer, Tex. No doubt I'll be picking your brain a few times. It's a Samsung Galaxy 3 which I guess is an android. I'm still looking for the mouse. An accessory, perhaps?
I did notice the Tapatalk thingee, I will add it for sure.
Learning about the device should make it less boring at night in the campsites, maybe some young wahenees will take pity on me, offer to teach?
The thing I worry about is getting frustrated, and tossing it in a lake. I don't have a lot of patience for tech stuff. I'm much more comfortable with things I can cut, bend, hammer, and change their oil.
ride safe, my friend

Safe travels Miles. We expect daily picture postings since you have a new tablet and they make it so easy to add pics to your editorial updates.

Latest posts

Back