Classic car opinion requested:to louver or not to louver?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Should I scoop over the back windows?

• Yes! It will look like a little Gt40 and chicks will dig it!

Votes: 20 76.9%
  • No Marty, now refuel the flux capacitor so we can get out of here

Votes: 6 23.1%

• Total voters

GREEN light BLITZ

Reaction score
So this is my car...my only car. Its far from perfect and Lord knows I want to paint it ASAP but right now its NOT in the budget. So Ive been playing with other cosmetics that ARE.

Ive been thinking of filling in my back side windows with louver scoops,kinda Mustang Cobra/Eleanor style.(got a buddy whos BAD ASS with fiberglass inlisted to help me)

So I mocked up a template out of foamboard that looks kinda like a scoop once I drew on it:biglaugh:
...And a pic without it.

What are some opinions?

Attachments

• with louver.jpg
    with louver.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 72
  • without louver.jpg
    without louver.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 69
I mocked up a template out of foamboard that looks kinda like a scoop once I drew on it:biglaugh:
...And a pic without it.

What are some opinions?[/QUOTE] The scoop looks pritty good to me Ace, But your view will be
compromised.:coolgleamA:

Check out some pics from the old LeMans and Watkins Glen races and get a bettah idea of what it would look like...:punk:

Oh and btw...with .

Personally I'm not a big fan of the look(very 80's, but in a dated way), and a buddy put similar louvers on his mustang. Couldn't see for shit ....made parking in the city much more difficult and the "blind spot" was now huge.

But as with any appearance-oriented mod....do you like it?

Is that a bradly gt? or what?:ummm: As for the scoops:biglaugh:,they look good:biglaugh:,it would "personalize" it:biglaugh:, but it would cause a blind spot:bang head:. You could do one side and not the other:confused2:,cant see both sides at once anyway:rofl_200:, see if anyone notices. Are they goinng to to double as vents for the brakes?

"Look, it's a La Dawri!"
For the older readers here...no-fair googling! Oh, it's your computer, go-ahead. I'd rather someone who recalls comment first. Where would you see that phrase, and when (~year)?

I think there are two different looks there. The one w/a scoop to me resembles in a very basic way, a Ferrari 365 GTB, while the 'flying-buttrress' model resembles from the side a Maserati Merak.

MerakSS_694x384.jpg

Did someone mention Watkins Glen? Been there, saw Graham Hill win one & Jim Clark win one, Lots of great memories. Who recalls the John Frankenheimer movie, "Grand Prix?" They filmed part of it during the USGP in about 1965 and the film car was a Ford GT minus its front cap and wearing a Panavision film camera on a platform in its place! They allowed the car onto the circuit during the practice laps, and it was exciting to watch. See the movie for the results, still my favorite racing movie of all-time. And, I have the soundtrack on an l.p., of course!

Extra "Gearhead Points" for whoever can i.d. that little white car in the background, and who made the engine. For the tiebreaker, what movie was it seen in?

I say with louvers looks better IMO - my brother has a Bradley GT. He has had it for years - runs a Porsche engine in it. Main difference that I can see is that his has full plexiglass doors.

Fun car to drive too.

Mike

I say with louvers looks better IMO - my brother has a Bradley GT. He has had it for years - runs a Porsche engine in it. Main difference that I can see is that his has full plexiglass doors.

Fun car to drive too.

Mike

The full plexi doors tell me its a Gt as apposed to the GtII but really the different is very little. Not enough of these cars in the world! They are indeed VERY fun to drive!

It has four wheel discs and magnesium wheels, it's 5" taller than a first-generation Ford GT though it was built as a passenger car, while the Ford GT was built to embarrass Il Commendatore Signor Ferrari after he refused to allow his company, which he had offered for sale, to be purchased by Henry Ford II, so "The Deuce" handed his design team the mandate, "build what we need to crush Ferrari!"

You may be surprised to hear of the story of who manufactured this little jewel!

Gt40 got it's original name because it sat ground to roof at 40 inches, my Bradley currently sits at 46.

Lowering is in her near future.

Put the scoops on Green light..........................As for the white car, it looks like an XKE Jag to me but the tail doesn't seem right..................

My friend has one, the same color as yours. Even matches his last name: Bradley! I think the scoops look awesome, Ace. I would say to go for it.

Back