clutch lever adjustment?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ROB06

Reaction score
2006, 10k, when starting in gear (w/ clutch lever pulled in:whistlin: ) bike jumps forward a little bit, lil drag on starter. almost a dying battery sound, put it in neutral starts right up. after its warm no prob, maybe clutch plates stickin? if it is the clutch lever will it be ok, kinda like it come launch time, or am i looking at burnin up the clutch:hmmm:

2006, 10k, when starting in gear (w/ clutch lever pulled in:whistlin: ) bike jumps forward a little bit, lil drag on starter. almost a dying battery sound, put it in neutral starts right up. after its warm no prob, maybe clutch plates stickin? if it is the clutch lever will it be ok, kinda like it come launch time, or am i looking at burnin up the clutch:hmmm:

You need to bleed the clutch. Sounds like you may have some air or moisture in the line. My K6 doesn't do that, although I only have 1600 miles on mine.:bang head:

Mine does the same thing...now on a cold start take off I get it rolling down the driveway before I put it in gear. Once the bike has been running and I stop for a break and then jump back on it - it's fine. So if ya can get it rolling a bit. I don't have the load on the engine to cause the rpm to drop or get that wanna stall; dead battery feeling. It's more of a clunck and jump.

I think it needs the heat to expand things before it works properly and doesn't jump when you put it in first.

I would also like to hear from anybody else on this if anyone wants to jump in.

I have the exact same problem. I have a 2005 max with only 5000 miles on it. I bled the clutch and got a bunch of small metal shavings out of the slave, plus the master had some stuff I didnt like in it. Is this a common problem for the max and does anyone have aftermarket parts to make the system last a little longer than a few years? Just trying to figure out what to do next before throwing money at it just to have it not work properly. Unlike the other guys mine doesnt seem to get any beter when warmed up.

The older parts are better (it seems like it sometimes anyway).

Actually, when the engines running the plates are lubricated and allow more slippage. When it's shut off for any length of time the oil acts like a glue on the clutch discs. Try it once you have the engine warmed up and see if it isn't better.

Sean

ROB06 - mine does the exact same thing - did it with the old clutch & still does it with the new clutch plates & slave cyl, so IMHO it's normal. I almost always start it in neutral anyway, so it's not really an issue for me.

Back