Clutch Lever

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hubeerjw

Reaction score
Well, I finally ordered parts today, so I'll be able to get these out soon. I was wondering if people want to send me their clutch levers, I'll do the mod and return them, or would you want a whole new lever? I called the Yamaha dealer and I can get the levers for a little under $20, the bolts are $4 (can probably get them cheaper elsewhere). The bearings are a little under $5 each. I also saw that there are chrome levers (both cltuch and brake) on eBay for $27.00 shipped so that is also an option. I think people can do this mod themselves... I know it calls for a 12mm drill bit, but a 15/32 bit should work (if you have one). I could machine a few bolts down to fit the bearings and just sell the bearings and bolts and let you drill through the clutch lever.

Let me know who is interested and if you want new levers.

Jeff

Re: Clutch lever mod

I shouldnt tell you my sourse for cheap VMAX clutch levers since I Fuck up threads and dont ever help anyone as you put it, but I am not a dick so here goes Jeff..

Dennis Kirk, they are under 8.00 for the levers....

Chrome levers are a little more 10.95 you say 27.00 Hmm either you are marking your stuff up 125%+ or being taken for a fool..

Well I have to keep moving and f up more threads drag bike building boy

Thanks! And I never called you a dick.... well, not that you know anyway.:biglaugh:

Go back and read that thread on the drag bike thread... I was trying to be funny, and I think you took it the wrong way.

Thanks for the tip!

Thanks! And I never called you a dick.... well, not that you know anyway.:biglaugh:

Go back and read that thread on the drag bike thread... I was trying to be funny, and I think you took it the wrong way.

Thanks for the tip!

It's all good Jeff. Personally I dont care if you think I am a dick. I would still help ya out man. I dont expect all to like me nor understand me, thankfully I am not trying out for the Mr. Personality contest.:cheers:

Sign me up for a bearing & a bolt & I'll drill my own. A new lever would stick out like a sore thumb on my ol' VMAX. :biglaugh:

Well, I have a selection of reamers jeff and if you've got the rest of the goodies I could use a few sets.

Sean

I would be interested in a bearing and bolt, I will just drill my own lever though

Back