CNC Machinist

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is there a reason this is needed? Most filters cannot accomodate the flow so they need to bypass (especially when cold).

they go into some version of the Chevy LS motor
I just make them for the customer
Just cool when sometimes I can see my finished products
Speedometer center pins
AR15 barrel extetions
Muzzle loader ram rods/powder measures ect

Well, it all comes down to cost in the end. How much would you sell these for? You can get these all over the internet from between $15-$30. If a small jobber is gonna cost more....you wont get many clients. If you are running a huge shop to run off thousands of these.....how long will you hold onto them before that batch sold? That particular piece....is not a common fail item and is generally replaced during an engine rebuild.

For me....I have replaced hundreds of LS engines. Rebuilt only a few. I think I may have replaced 2 of those since 1999 when these engines were introduced.

My concern if you wanted to make a version to fit the Vmax is that you will end up blowing the filter housing off as excess pressure builds up. Been there before with a welded up bypass. As long as you did not hit the throttle until the engine was at full temp (and oil was at full them) then you were ok. Anything before that and you would be amazed at how quickly that engine can push 3 quarts of oil out! Shit goes EVERYWHERE! I probably still have the welded up bypass assembly if you want to try it for yourself lol.

Latest posts

Back