Coming back around...

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2fear

Reaction score
Coming back around to show Mr Max some love. I have had my 85 Vmax for 19 years now so I felt I wanted something new to ride, so I bought a 04 Ninja ZX10R last fall. I rode it last fall and a couple hundred mile this spring already. Well, I found out at 44 years old the hunched over riding position is not for me:doh: So I put that rocket up for sale and I'm going to get a newer Vmax. Yes I still have my 85 and I still ride it but I want something different,After 19 years it's time to move forward. I just wanted to say hi and look forward to chating with you guys. I posted a picture of my rides.:cheers:

Attachments

• vmax and ninja 002.jpg
    vmax and ninja 002.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 70
Hi 2FEAR,
Both bikes look great. Are you going to keep the 85 vmax. From the picture it looks like you took great care of it.
Anyways,Welcome to the forum.
Tim

very nice! when you mean new vmax do u mean a newer gen 1 or a gen 2?

Welcome!!!:eusa_dance:

There's a 2005 for sale in the classifieds....

Having a 1985 and a 2005 would be AWESOME!!!!

Well well well... I could have told you that M8! :eusa_dance:

That '85's still looking good!

Chris

Well well well... I could have told you that M8! :eusa_dance:

That '85's still looking good!

Chris

What's up my friend? I was wondering when you were going to give me some schitt :rofl_200: Yes,I have been keeping her clean. Going to get a newer one soon....

What's up my friend? I was wondering when you were going to give me some schitt :rofl_200: Yes,I have been keeping her clean. Going to get a newer one soon....

You go!

Yeah those SS's are faster than shit and handle like a dream but are NOT for old people like you and I.

I'd get a 2003 or newer. It'll get you ALL the newest upgrades even if some aren't all that big of a deal.

Haven't been to Myspace in months and don't plan to go back. My wife is on Facebook but I've decided against joining. I am on twitter though.

Chris

You go!

Yeah those SS's are faster than shit and handle like a dream but are NOT for old people like you and I.

I'd get a 2003 or newer. It'll get you ALL the newest upgrades even if some aren't all that big of a deal.

Haven't been to Myspace in months and don't plan to go back. My wife is on Facebook but I've decided against joining. I am on twitter though.

Chris

Yeah,I give on Myspace a long time ago also. I do Facebook a couple times a week to visit family out of state. I kinda have my eye on a 2000 Vmax...

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah,I give on Myspace a long time ago also. I do Facebook a couple times a week to visit family out of state. I kinda have my eye on a 2000 Vmax...

That's a good year as well. Gives you 99.9% of the updates.

Remember the carbon fiber's a sticker...

Chris

Nothing worth worrying about.

85-89 were pretty much the same with some 85's needing a warranty update to the transmission. They had analog ignition which was changed in 90. The electrical will swap for those early years but most everything will not swap to the later models (Coils, V-Boost, and some misc will).

90-92 were pretty much the same as the 85-89 bikes. They had the same forks, brakes, and most of the cosmetic stuff. Electrically they updated everything to digital ignition and improved the starter to a HD version (which does retro fit to the early vmax's).

93 was the first year for the bigger brakes and forks. Other then that there was no real change.

96 was the first year for a new case design. It redesigned the case, added more internal webbing, and changed to a conventional spin-on filter type.

99 had the last major trans update with a new shift segment design (which can be retro-fitted into the earlier years).

01 was the first year for the factory rock guards on the front forks.

Various minor changes happened each year with bearing updates (mostly to sealed bearings) and minor other stuff.

96 and up would be my first choice though I don't even really worry much about the year since there isn't all that much difference to me anyway. Mileage, maintenance, overall appearance, and add-ons are stuff i look for besides the obvious price.

Sean

Wasn't 2003 Sean, where they gave us the completely useless helmet lock? Who doesn't want that?

Wasn't 2003 Sean, where they gave us the completely useless helmet lock? Who doesn't want that?

i thought it was earlier? but either way i love that you can lock your helmet AND leave it resting on the pipes. all at the same time.

A good way to cut 2oz. off the bike, remove the uselss helmet lock! My 97 has it so it was earlier than then when they brought it out. Welcome aboard btw. Smooooooth lookin 85 I must say!

Back