Coolant 2019 max

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mymax

Reaction score
hi all
2019 max with 15 k on it not sure but maybe coolant going down can’t see anything leaking but level goes down slightly does weather make difference how can I know for sure any idea
Gk

Last edited by a moderator:
One way it can 'go-away' is via a blown head gasket, which is unlikely in a Gen. II. You should see if you can track what, if any, loss of coolant you have by seeing the level at the overflow tank, and maybe marking with a grease pencil where the coolant level is, and seeing if that level lowers over time, and how-much mileage.

Things I would wanna know....how much is it going low? How often is it going low? If you are referring to the coolant bottle underneath....that holds like a cup of coolant. As much as people would like to believe a cooling system is a sealed system, they are not. Eventually they will vent to atmosphere. From atmosphere, coolant will evaporate. Afterall, half of coolant in the system is water. Sometimes, coolant will boil off. Steam is boil off. It may never be noticeable to you while you are riding or shutting off the bike, but its happening.

I doubt the head gasket is the source unless the bike was ridden while overheating. If there are no puddles underneath the bike and the bike wasnt overheated, I would be attributing little bits of coolant loss to evaporation and boil off.

Latest posts

Back