COP's who's got them?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

88vmx12

Reaction score
OK guys who has COP's already? what we need to know is a few things! Brand , Model # , Ohm's, Overall length and hopefully what model and year of bike they were for. If you don't know how to measure the Ohm's or the resistance please ask. We are trying to compile a little bit of data .

Thanks for your imput
Gannon

using 2008 cbr cops..short ones with no problems for clearance... at 1.3 ohms with a 1.5 resistor aluminum body wire wound power resister to be exact,,,25 watt 1% tolerance....Total ohms when complete was 2.9 ohms and I am running a dyna 3000 with no problems..Runs like a charm..Ran Iridium plugs just like what all the sport bikes run and shes perfect..
I ran regular NGK.s at 1st,,but ordered my Iridiums and bike runs great and runs better at 7000 and up rpm with the denso iridiums..Logged 600 miles on cops so far....

I had 3 sets of denso cops all of showing 1.3 ohms..Ive seen people getting 1.8,,but yet to get a set at 1.8...

I've been running longer Denso COPs without resistors and OEM TCI on my '86.

I believe they are from a Honda 919, and there are old posts which show the resistance from when I installed them, I think mine are 1.5-1.6Ω.

Sorry I can't be more precise as I'm half-way on the other side of the world!

Thanks for all your imput, I am trying to compile all this info in case their is a resistor that is needed. So I will have a list for people who want to run these COP's and they know what ones to choose. So the Denso model # is very important, and if we can get it down to the year , make , and model of the bike would even be better.
Thanks again guys

how to you measeure the ohms on them, I have Mitsubishi off a early R1

Running Mitsubishi's off a 2007 R6(listed as being compatible with 06 or 07). Short style. Bike's a 97 with stock ignition. Close to 3k miles and no problems.

Back