Could anyone identify these shock?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

naughtyG

Reaction score
Here are pics of the shocks that my Max came with. Nothing printed or stamped on them - what are they? :ummm:

PO said bike was fitted with Progressive front & rear.

I don't like these shocks much, mainly because they're 12.5" and I want 13" as these make it impossible to get the bike on centre stand.

Fitting OEM shocks made my bike handle quite a bit worse, so not happy even though I can now use my centre stand again..:confused2:

If anyone has a pair of decent (better than OEM) 13" shocks and are interested in swapping with these 12.5" items to lower their bike, please let me know!

Attachments

• P1030375.jpg
    P1030375.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 18
  • P1030376.jpg
    P1030376.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 12
  • P1030377.jpg
    P1030377.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 13
Here are pics of the shocks that my Max came with. Nothing printed or stamped on them - what are they? :ummm:

PO said bike was fitted with Progressive front & rear.

I don't like these shocks much, mainly because they're 12.5" and I want 13" as these make it impossible to get the bike on centre stand.

Fitting OEM shocks made my bike handle quite a bit worse, so not happy even though I can now use my centre stand again..:confused2:

If anyone has a pair of decent (better than OEM) 13" shocks and are interested in swapping with these 12.5" items to lower their bike, please let me know!
I KNOW THIS MAY SOUND STUPID , BUT MY MAX IS LOWERD AT LEAST 1 INCH IN THE FRONT & 1&1/4 INCHES IN THE REAR , SO TO PUT IT UP ONTO THE CENTER STAND I PUT A 2X4 FLAT ON THE GROUND JUST IN FRONT OF THE REAR WHEEL & PULL UP ONTO THE BOARD WITH THE REAR TIRE , & THE BIKE GO UP ONTO THE CENTERSTAND WITH EASE ! :punk: P.S. YOU NEED THE BIKE TO HANDLE WHILE YOUR RIDDING , NOT WHILE IT'S PARKED ! IF IT HANDLES BAD & YOU CRASH , IT DOES'NT REALLY MATTER HOW HARD IT GOES ONTO THE CENTERSTAND ! :ummm:

good point. I'm just lazy and want it all. Good handling and centre stand lol.

But I'll give up the stand for better handling! :clapping::clapping:

Naughty, Get a 2 foot piece of 2" x 8" and have them both!! :biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh:

I've been doing that already - just don't fancy carrying the wood. Already have lots in my pants :rofl_200::eusa_dance::rofl_200::eusa_dance::rofl_200:

I've been doing that already - just don't fancy carrying the wood. Already have lots in my pants :rofl_200::eusa_dance::rofl_200::eusa_dance::rofl_200:
YEA, I HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM ! BUT THE REAL PROBLEM IS , THATS THE HEAD I'VE DONE MOST OF MY THINKING WITH OVER THE YEARS !:biglaugh::rofl_200::biglaugh:

So, anyone recognizes these shocks? WTF are they?

Someone say Progressive please, so I can put them back on believing they're actually ok?

They look to me like an old version of the progressive 450 shocks or the 440 with no end caps.

Mike

Progressives usually have their name on them with stickers or other methods. I don't think those are Progressive. I have had several sets and don't recognize those.

Latest posts

Back