Cut a break

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CustomMax

Reaction score
Last night I took the Max out for a ride and it's running better than ever. So anyway, I was on my way home when after stopping for a light there was a nice usually safe place to give it a little juice. So I started out kinda easy, then I figured it was a good chance to blow out the cobwebs. I jumped on it, wound out first then second then was into 3rd at about 7 grand and I looked outta the corner of my eye and saw the cop sitting behind a bldg. Damn! Now here's me with all 255 LED's blazin, screaming past him. I let off so fast the whole bike kinda gave one of those what the fuck you doin wobbles but I didn't hit the brakes and I thought for sure he was gonna come flying out after me but nope. I kept waiting to see if he was coming but he never did. So either it was one of the ones I know and I'm sure I'll hear about it sometime or it was just a cool cop who has seen me around enough to know I don't usually do that around there but either way I feel like I owe that dude now cause he coulda probably had me in cuffs for more than doubling the speed limit. So, I think I'll save my outbursts for a more fitting stretch of road.

^ Glad to hear he let you go.
I've been stopped a few times over the years on my Max, almost always for hammering the throttle to avoid idiots in cages.
Thankfully after explaining what I was doing I was always let go with a warning.
But I really do tend to only get on it out on deserted back country roads.

Ed, you might want to investigate the location for chunks of U-joints....could be he whacked it so hard he took the drive shaft right out from under it, and there he was, dead in the water watching you toodle off down the road! :rofl_200:

Lol, I guess there's a lot of possible reasons and honestly I kinda thought like Danny said cause at first he only had his parking lights on then as I kept saying Fuck over and over about 10 times I did see headlights on but he never hit the red and blues. Then maybe when he saw and heard I let off but never hit the brakes he thought "this crazy bastard didn't even brake"! But more likely he didn't wanna spill his coffee or something more like that. But either way, I just wanna know what kinda beer he likes cause I'll drop off a case for not trying to catch me!

Hi Ed, no brake for me from a cop who said he "loved' my bike. So Tuesday I'm heading to an intersection that had a red light, as I got to it by 20 yds. it changed, I saw the cop in the bushes looking at me the whole time. He never looked back at the light to see green. He was sitting on a Harley in the prone position like ha was in the shoots!! I laughed until I saw the frickin light show....$165 ticket and a compliment is what he gave me for not stopping for a right turn on red. 4 points with an automatic offer of a two point non moving violation if I just pay up by mail.

You got lucky.....coming back from Eureka springs Vmax rally......170 ticket for 70 in a 45. The officer was really nice though.

Hella lucky there! I havent had any runins yet on the max but i did get a compliment on how nice she sounded from one, lol. I took one of my female friends for a ride one night and when i dropped her back off to her car the cop that was chillin at the gas station next door said it sounded amazing when i hammered it heading outta town. Didnt even ask how fast i went, lol.

I believe in south FL if you stop at a red light before turning right it must be considered a "sign of weakness." That is something the majority of the population doesn't want to display, evidently. :confused2:

Even when cross-traffic is bearing-down, I see people just peel-around the right turn at a red light as-if they had the green. It's amazing that it has devolved into this.

Last week I was on an urban surface street waiting for a green lead light to turn left. There was a municipal marked cruiser next to me. When the light turned green for the lead, for me to turn left, I began my turn. Suddenly the car across the intersection from me, who had a red light and was waiting to go straight, decided that since I was going, that he should go too! So he did, headed right at me as I took my green left-turn arrow! I immediately showed him the sonic power of my airhorns, and the idiot just blithely cruised through the red light, narrowly missing me as I cut it short, and came-to a quick stop to avoid being t-boned broadside. I had traffic behind me as-well. I was appreciative that the person behind me was paying-attention and didn't rear-end me.

The cop? He was too-busy heading to the "hot-out of the oven" sign at Krispy Kreme doughnuts to pull a U-turn and to go-after the red-light runner. :damn angry: So, when there is an evident moving violation like that, where someone blatantly runs a red light, and the LEO won't show any interest in giving-out an easy ticket, you better watch-out.

Thank-god I didn't get hit broadside, or from-behind.

Yep, you caught a break from that LEO.

Back