Cybermax Light upgrade

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maxcruiser

Reaction score
I received my new to me Cybermax headlight from Kyle (CaptainKyle).

Now I want to upgrade the lights on it and have been searching the net on what would work best. Unfortunately, all it did is confuse the crap out of me.

I want a high/low beam light that are waterproof to fit in the 2" holes in the headlight.

Anybody have any experience converting the Cybermax's lights?

Mike

I simply installed 100 watt bulbs in each one
Super bright and you will be seen but light pattern and dispersal is terrible due to the lens design. Barely rideable at night.

Finding what fits in the housing is the challenge.

That's not good Rusty. Atleast half my riding is at night.

Did find these HID's in 2" with Devil's Eye red that I think would look good, but still need to some more research to see if they would work.

Freeshipping-2-5-inch-HID-Bi-Xenon-Projector-Lens-font-b-Light-b-font-font-b.jpg

Those can 't be cheap! But probably the coolest option for that headlight.

If I ever find a QUALITY small rectangular, powerful driving light that would mount neatly and cleanly right below the headlight I may go with that.

I love the look of the Cybermax and refuse to give it up...

I built my own dual projector setup, but the thing about the 2 inch lens is that everything behind it is much wider and deeper than you would expect

IMAG0258.jpg

%255BUNSET%255D.jpg

If I ever find a QUALITY small rectangular, powerful driving light that would mount neatly and cleanly right below the headlight I may go with that.

I love the look of the Cybermax and refuse to give it up...

I'm thinking a rigid industries dually driving light might be just what I'm looking for as well. There are a million knock-offs, too. I'm looking at something in the 25-36W region.

I'm thinking a rigid industries dually driving light might be just what I'm looking for as well. There are a million knock-offs, too. I'm looking at something in the 25-36W region.

Mine is 55W. The cell phone camera messed up the night pics since the lighting is fluorescent. I also have the fork lights. All lights are on separate switches.

First pic = rectangular light on only.
Second pic = all off.
Third pic = rect. light on only.
Fourth pic = all on.

Attachments

• Front - R.jpg
    Front - R.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 60
  • Front 1 - R.jpg
    Front 1 - R.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 59
  • Front Lights On Rect Only.jpg
    Front Lights On Rect Only.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 58
  • Front Lights On All.jpg
    Front Lights On All.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 57

Even the 18W produce plenty of light. I thought about trying these but I was worried about the cutoff.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Mine is 55W. The cell phone camera messed up the night pics since the lighting is fluorescent. I also have the fork lights. All lights are on separate switches.

Second pic = all off.
Fourth pic = all on.

Who makes or where did you find that rectangular light under the headlight.

That is exactly what I've been thinking about doing!

Who makes or where did you find that rectangular light under the headlight.

That is exactly what I've been thinking about doing!

Got it off eBay. Will try to find info. Did it several years ago. Wasn't real expensive and was easy to mount.

Well, couldn't find the purchase info at the house which means I bought it more than 4 years ago. Will check storage unit next time I am there.

Last edited:
Even the 18W produce plenty of light. I thought about trying these but I was worried about the cutoff.

I am concerned about cutoff as well. I guess someone is going to have to take more pictures.

I saw some guys using the flow beam type for low beam and spot beam for the high one. They say that they had to aim lower since there is no cutoff on these.
When I am tired of my projectors I will try these. Authorities here are not so strict lol

Second pic = all off.
Fourth pic = all on.

Nice set up, do you have some pics of how you have the bottom lights mounted

Nice set up, do you have some pics of how you have the bottom lights mounted

Those are MotoLights I believe is the name. Can't remember for sure. They come with brackets specific for the Max. Unfortunately they cost over $350. I would never pay that but they came with the bike. They are very high quality though.

I saw some guys using the flow beam type for low beam and spot beam for the high one. They say that they had to aim lower since there is no cutoff on these.
When I am tired of my projectors I will try these. Authorities here are not so strict lol

You've got the madass setup right? How do you like it? How is the light output?

If you want a nice small projector fork mount try KiWav. I use one on left fork with beam positioned between low and high. Very well build. $95 each. They also sell a decent handlebar switch.

You've got the madass setup right? How do you like it? How is the light output?

I use the bowls but have a different mounting brackets.

It works well with hid h3 bulbs. Both beams are pretty nice.
Only downside is after 3 years, the bowls are fading and not as reflective as they were at the beginning.

The results is that the beams turned yellowish over time instead of a clean white.

Back