Cycle Worlds review on the 09

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
DON'T GET ME WRONG , I LIKE SHAFT DRIVE ! I JUST WISH SOMEONE MADE DIFFERENT GEAR RATIO'S FOR THEM !:punk:

You should see me strutting around with my chest puffed out & my nose in the air - any year VMAX ROCKS ! I gar-on-teee if I rode up in an '09 the people would flock around it.

That's one of the reasons I bought mine. That and the first time I showed a picture of the bike to someone, they said, "It looks like something out of a Batman movie". I was sold.

i paid 11k plus and 4k in engine work=15k, a 09 @ 17k plus what it takes to get there, and who out there bought a max for handling, in my wifes eyes i still have a shit load of cash to spend and it's paid for.

yea still can't get away from the 09' hype. i enjoy for what the vmax is a badazz muscle cruiser, i have had 4 gen1's and will have the gen2 hopefully next month reguardless if its the fastest or not. noone got their max to handle but everyone spends some dough on the suspension sooner or later you have to turn. i sure cant throw any stones i am still dumping $$$ in my gen1 and i will not stop until i get the look/ ride i want but just when that happens someone else will pop out new shit for it then it all starts over again damn vicious cycle!!!!!! but we all love it! lol
Chris :th_laugh2:

I can't wait for mine. My current Max is 18 years old and is getting tired, it's time to let him rest and bring in some fresh blood!!

OK everybody before we get our shorts in a bunch these were uncorrected times. Plus unless there was a new Hyabusa and a ZX-14 there to run at the same time you can not tell anything...Except it is a very fast bike.

I can't remember where I read it because I have read so many reviews....But The german that did the test ride on the Gen. 1 (the original). Said.... " There is no question of getting into the 9'S, but how far." He was saying that he couldn't get traction.And with more time with the bike and better conditions he could blow everything away.

Yes I love everything about VMAX. Always have.But if they want me to spend 18k on the Gen.2 it better be the FASTEST MOFO ON THE PLANET.

If not...I'll keep the one have now.Forever MAX.

But if they want me to spend 18k on the Gen.2 it better be the FASTEST MOFO ON THE PLANET.

I'll bet the Harley guys don't say this about their bike. They love their rides whether it's the quickest or not. Same goes for the majority of us who ordered the new Max. I didn't order the Max with the expectation of it being the quickest/fastest bike on the planet, I love every aspect of the bike. The bike is on the expensive side but look at what you're getting! Not to pick on the Harley folks but look at what they're getting for 18K!! Not near as much as what we are getting!! If being the World's quickest is what it's all about then keep in mind we already will have a bike with 200 HP and most likely could get a lot more out of it, shed some weight and throw on a sticky tire and we just might have that bike!! To each his own, I have no regrets whatsoever about my decision to purchase this bike - I'm proud of my decision as should all the new / soon to be owners. (Plus I'm getting mine for $16,990). :biglaugh:

Whereas I can definately understand the enthusiasm of the folks that ordered their very own 09, the main reason I have heard for not ordering it is cost, plain and simple. There is nothing revolutionary about this bike. Evolutionary yes, but not enough new to call it a techno wonder or anything like that. A majority of the ignition/intake/ and even exhaust is off the shelf R1 technology. The front end, take a close look and you will see that it is essentially an R1 set up turned "right side up" with the lowers attached to the opposite end (kind of reminicent of the older R6 too with fancier lowers). On top of this all those neat little electronic gizmos can cause fits should one fail. Also, at $18k US or $22k Cdn you are just getting a base bike, then the mods begin and they are big $$$$. All this just to "free up" hp or make it "yours"???? Yamaha is playing folks, detuned the bike, and now can sell you their "Stage1,3,or5" upgrade at a big expense. By the time you are done you have a $30k+ Vmax. They missed the ball in my opinion. Should have been a $14k base bike and then offer the $18-20k "Drag edition" or some crap like that. Would have sold a ton of base bikes and no small number of the special edition(s). Oh well, they did what they did and no sense talking about it anymore.

Fair enough! I guess my only concern with this bike would be the fact it does have more electronics on it as you stated and who knows what the failure rate will be with some of it if any. Should there be any problems I hope they happen within the warranty period! But I'm sure this is a worry with most people whilst purchasing a new / first time bike on the market! Glad I can be a guinea pig! :eusa_dance:

I have the best of all worlds. A really stinking fast Gen 1 and access to a Gen 2 to test ride without buying it:eusa_dance: Really want to compare the 2 while out on real road riding conditions. A good friend, one of the few people I trust with Snowmax, has one on order and we want to go out and trade bikes up a few times just to compare.

I also heard that Yamaha is going to give it 5 years to prove itself, sales wise, and then pull the plug on it if it doesn't produce good sales numbers.

Back