Dale Walkers Hole shot 4 to 2 (jetting?)

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Dale Walkers Hole shot 4 to 2

Chris-
The turn down tips look good. Do your cans sound the same as the ones you sold me? Are there any other differences other than the tips?:ummm:

4gasem13941 said:
Talked to Dale ordered it from his wife and had it in 1 week! :whistlin:

Chris-
The turn down tips look good. Do your cans sound the same as the ones you sold me? Are there any other differences other than the tips?:ummm:
They are his super comp mufflers and they do sound different... Louder if you can believe that...:surprise:

They are his super comp mufflers and they do sound different... Louder if you can believe that...:surprise:

I am in the market for some pipes and am considering holeshot but am not crazy about the flat end cans. What size are yours and did you put the tips on afterwards?

I am in the market for some pipes and am considering holeshot but am not crazy about the flat end cans. What size are yours and did you put the tips on afterwards?

Nope! Those are Dales cans. He uses them on a lot of other systems. A guy had them on his SV1000S highmount system and wanted to sell them... I called Dale and he said they will mount right up and I bought them!:thumbs up:

Dale MAY sell them to you with the pipes but he didn't sound overly interested in doing it when I showed him the pics of it...:confused2:

I bought my Vmax with stock exhaust but it came with a pair of Holeshot Vortex cans. Put them on but was waaay too loud and barky for my tastes. Wrote Dale about some turndown end caps, but none available for a non-current can, but still a prompt fast explanation...thanks Dale. The opening in the can was 1 7/8 so i made some turndowns of 1 3/4 stainless pipe and it now sounds perfect, quiet enough for the neighborhood but bitchin' when you get on it.... looks pretty good too in my view.

Nope! Those are Dales cans. He uses them on a lot of other systems. A guy had them on his SV1000S highmount system and wanted to sell them... I called Dale and he said they will mount right up and I bought them!:thumbs up:

Dale MAY sell them to you with the pipes but he didn't sound overly interested in doing it when I showed him the pics of it...:confused2:

So those are originally for a SV1000s? Was there no jetting, etc, problems?

So those are originally for a SV1000s? Was there no jetting, etc, problems?

Yes and no in that order...:thumbs up: The cans are very similar to the Vmax ones except the baffle is different. It's loud!:surprise:

Sure can! I have heard a lot of people say that Dales Stage 1 is worthless but I have it and my bike runs like a top!:thumbs up:

Check out my 4 into 2 from Dale!

Only one like it...:coolgleamA:

The last one is how it looks now!
Awesome bike!!

Those wheels are awesome!

Sure can! I have heard a lot of people say that Dales Stage 1 is worthless but I have it and my bike runs like a top!:thumbs up:

Check out my 4 into 2 from Dale!

Only one like it...:coolgleamA:

The last one is how it looks now!

Re: Dale walker exhaust and jetting?

For real. It'll run just fine. It may be a little rich and you get put smaller mains in but you won't feel it by seat of the pants.
why would just a change of pipes make it run rich with the stock air box setup

Better flow, less back pressure. When you open up intake side....lean. If you open up exhaust side...rich.

Mark

Latest posts

Back