Dead battery

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nicki66

Reaction score
I went out this morning and for South Florida it was a bit cool out, being 37F.
I jumped into my truck, turned the key and only got a few revolutions and then click, click, click. Since it is Monday and everybody I know is at work and I don't have a battery charger, I wasn't sure what to do. I was looking at my Max and then remembered that I have a Battery Tender Jr. So I used the clips supplied with the charger and plugged it in for an hour and it put in enough charge to get her cranking.
My tender saved the day. Autozone here I come!

Do Sean' battery box mod & you won't need to mess with the Battery Tender, just jump with jumper cables from your VMAX battery.:clapping:

EvilD - I was raised in Kendall - about 50 miles east of you. What is the snow depth & temp right now ? just curious...

16 f, about 10" of fresh, started yesterday.

Believe it or not, I kinda miss it. Easy for me to say though, I don't have to shovel tomorrow at 5:00 AM just for the privilege of going to work. I was up there in late October & saw people catching MONSTER salmon in Oak Orchard Creek. RIP-OFF !!! they didn't have that shit back when I lived there...

Just bought a tender from Autozone for 26.00. We'll see how good it works. Max doesn't like it in the 30's

Yeah -2? on the way in this morning...

I've used Deltran Battery Tender Jr's for the past 8 or 9 years and NEVER had a failure. They are the best.

I hadn't driven my truck in probably 4-5 months (garage queen) but needed to move it to my parents garage for the winter so my wife can park the Subie indoors and it DID NOT like cranking over. It's been on the tender the whole time but it was also only 4 or 5 degrees when I started it and the battery is from 1997. Now THAT is a good battery! The tender is doing its job as well.

It started and I drove it over and plugged it in again... lol

Chris

The trick with cold batteries (or vehicles) is to turn the lights on for about a minute first. Then shut them off and try starting it. The draw from the lights helps get the battery warmed up so it can flow current more readily.

Sean

The trick with cold batteries (or vehicles) is to turn the lights on for about a minute first. Then shut them off and try starting it. The draw from the lights helps get the battery warmed up so it can flow current more readily.

Sean

That's good to know! I'm trying to make my batt in my car last as long as possible and I know one of these single digit temp mornings it won't turn over! I'll try that tomorrow morn and see if it makes it any easier.

or put a batt blanket to keep it warm, does wonders in getting a car or truck going in the cold, i also got a trickle charger wired in permanently keeps it topped up on those -45c nights and never has a problem starting the truck in the am.

Back