Dealer show info...from anothe max site

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RJ RJ RJ

Reaction score
It started last night with a Media/Press only introduction of the new 2009 Yamaha and Star models.

Aside from a midsize cruiser - the VStar 950 - Yamaha introduced a brand new YZFR6 and of course their flagship the 2009 R1.

Not gonna go into too much detail as these bikes are covered in other places much better than I could do here.

As for the R1: It is the very first production motorcycle that comes with a cross plane crank similar to the M1 in Moto GP. A very different firing order, compared to any other inline 4 on the market. It promises ultimate controllability during hard acceleration and deep cornering. It sound like our of this world. Reminds one very much of the Moto GP race bikes. Even the stock mufflers develop a nice grow and I can only imagine what kind of a beast it will become with aftermarket pipes.

While not all new the VMax got a LOT of attention and we where able to see 7 or 8 of them on the showroom floor in all kinds of configurations.

Lets start with the biggest NEWS:

Any idea what 2S3-F2533-80-V0 stands for?

2S3-F2533-80-V0

Well, Yamaha is taking the game up a notch. They have learned from all those custom bike lovers and maybe even from our forum and are about to sell a brand new accessorie, that we have not seen before from Yamaha and Star Motorcycles:

A 240 Wide Wheel Kit. An accessory rim that matches the stock look, uses identical mounts and bearings and should become available in February 2009. No retail pricing available but speculations where floating at around 1k.

Star Motorycles had the custom carbon Fiber version of the Vmax there with the 240 Wide Wheel Kit installed. Simply AWESOME!

Sounds like one complicated custom project less to worry about. Plus you can keep both sizes around.

Even more astonishing was the very first custom VMax - built by Jeff Paleghy:

Custom PM rims in black with CNC machined raw aluminum accents. Custom fitted for the VMax.
Rear and front lowered
240 Metzler in the rear
Custom fender eliminator, all turn signals and mirrors gone
Custom black/aluminum engine covers to match the rims
Custom exhaust end pieces with curved pipes and again black/aluminum design
Custom paint job in balck and silver with very fine red pinstrips

Very NICE! As soon as I get to a place where I can upload pics, I will have plenty for you...

A very detailed VMax cutaway model on display

In addition to various models on display the cutaway VMax was the most astonishing one. It shows the intricate details of engine, transmission, fuel tank, electronics, exhaust system and air intake system in never before seen clarity. I must have spent an hour on just that model taking any kind of close-ups I could come up with.
I hope the pics will give you a very detailed view of the technology inside the new VMax.

In addition, Star Motorcycles has models, that demonstrate YCCI at various engine speeds.

During the main show the VMax was again introduced to the public coming out of a container with fireworks and major 'BAMMs' from pyrotechnics followed by an onstage burnout and again some very nice video footage.

Again my apologies for posting this initial review without pics, but I did not want to hold this back for many hours since I will be on a plane later tonight heading back home.

Needless to say that you should check back regularly for more details and some great footage.

Ride safe!

Lets start with the biggest NEWS:

Any idea what 2S3-F2533-80-V0 stands for?

2S3-F2533-80-V0

Yamaha 240 Wide Wheel Kit.
An accessory rim that matches the stock look, uses identical mounts and bearings and should become available in February 2009.
No retail pricing available but speculations where floating at around 1k.

Star Motorycles had the custom carbon Fiber version of the Vmax there with the 240 Wide Wheel Kit installed. Simply AWESOME!

!

Did we all miss this cool tidbit?

Back