Delrin or Aluminum Motor Mounts?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

timscues

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is there any difference in using the delrin or aluminum motor mounts in a Gen 1? Wear and Tear or vibrations?
Also looking for a luggage rack other than Mek out there?

Some swear by both. Some simply swear at them lol. We've used and sell both. I know when we tried to move a set over a few years back (not made by the same person making ours) they shattered trying to remove them.

Sean

Is there any difference in using the delrin or aluminum motor mounts in a Gen 1? Wear and Tear or vibrations?
Also looking for a luggage rack other than Mek out there?

check out renntec for luggage rack and/or sissybar

also think long and hard about the motor mounts, i' go for frame braces

Some swear by both. Some simply swear at them lol. We've used and sell both. I know when we tried to move a set over a few years back (not made by the same person making ours) they shattered trying to remove them.

Sean

were they aluminum or delrin?

The aluminum come out (though hard). The delrins (not sure who had make that set) didn't like the removal. We did end up getting them out using a different method but the first one wasn't liking it!

Sean

The alums can worn your engine mounting holes when they are poorly machined.
Eternal they are under normal conditions I have to say young padawan LOL

Derlin(polyamide as we saying here, nylog, teflon or other shits) theoreticly provides better damping, theoreticly I wil note again. Depends on what kinda asre you have to damp LOL
But derlin will worn out, especialy during second/or more instalation/s.

Feel the force and seek for your ultimate choice LMAO

With you let the power be :rofl_200:

Back