Diavle Vs Vmax

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd love to try both of those and at 160lbs I'd bet I could get either into the 9's

Prototype bking was sweet but not so sweet end result. Mt-01 with vmax motor would be perfect

I think the worst part of the stock B-King is the exhaust, once you lose that, you really tone down that transformers look, the headlight is really similar to the new VMAX anyway, so if you think IT'S ugly, I guess you think the new VMAX is ugly too? Regardless, until you see one in person, and ride one, it's really hard to make an informed decision. Not to mention I could buy TWO of these for the price of one VMAX, that's what pushed it over the edge for me. Both are great bikes, but there's only one KING! :punk:

002.jpg

I'd have to see the specs on the Bking to believe that it's faster than the new Vmax or Diavel and isn't that Bthing more of a sportbike? The Vmax will always be king especially on this forum. If you like the Bking that much why are you even on this forum. I'm just saying it's not ALL about specifics it's a matter of taste and when comparing you gotta compare apples to apples not a whole different class of bike. Nothing really new about the Bking it's a hayabusa in a different shell.

Sent from my iPhone 4

I'd have to see the specs on the Bking to believe that it's faster than the new Vmax or Diavel and isn't that Bthing more of a sportbike? The Vmax will always be king especially on this forum. If you like the Bking that much why are you even on this forum. I'm just saying it's not ALL about specifics it's a matter of taste and when comparing you gotta compare apples to apples not a whole different class of bike. Nothing really new about the Bking it's a hayabusa in a different shell.

Sent from my iPhone 4

The specs are all over the net, Google it. I'm on this forum because I love ALL muscle bikes, and still have a VMAX to boot, not that it matters. The B-King is in it's own class, you've got that much right!

Didn't the prototype BKing have a supercharger on it?

Yep , it did . I think it lost a lot of its appeal when it didn't make the final cut. ( other than the fugly part ) . I have seen some mods done that make it a lot easier on the eye . Power , handling , braking is first class , with better ergos ( muscle cruiser style ) , than a Busa. I believe it ran neck & neck with the Gen II .

Nice bike at a good price. Especially after stopped production. Could really get a good deal. Looks are a little iffy. My main concern was no shaft drive. Really hate chain drive maintenance and mess, especially on long trips. Took two 3500 mile one week trips with a chain drive bike and it was a pain and messy. Had to carry chain lube and tools to adjust.

I gotta chime in...

Texas-SS-tornado has built more Vmaxes and V65's than most any 10 of us will own in a lifetime. It's all about the muscle. His right to be on this forum is not in question.

So his Vmax loyalty is not in question.

Beauty of course is in the eye of the beholder, but in my dumb shit redneck opinion any thing you can call ugly about the B-king applies to the Gen II as well. Any adjective I've ever heard uttered against one applies to the other. Completely over the top styling that's outside what most consider "normal" tend to do that. As well as thier obvious similiarities.

Is the B-king faster?.......... Absolutely....
Is it a sport bike? ............ I would say yes? a naked one.
Can a sport bike be a Muscle bike.... I dunno?? kind of not at least in my head....

Is the B king The KING???

Nope....the Vmax is

But consider.....Put a sport tail on the Gen II Vmax (Like i wish they would have) and does it stay a Muscle bike or does it become a sport bike????? Other than an extra 180lbs how does the Gen II technology differ from any naked sport bike....

Last edited:
Apples vs oranges...b-king has 'busa heritage, and support...vmax is unique...and yes the blown b-king would have been killer...

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

I don't know, the March 2009 edition of Motorcyclist did a comparision between the two, and as far as quarter mile goes, the King is faster. Now, I love ALL muscle bikes, new and old, but if these two bikes weren't "comparable", or even in the same genre, why the comparisons? As far as I'm concerned, they are BOTH kick a$$ muscle bikes, and like I said before, had Yamaha not rediculously overpriced them, I would have bought one by now. Our local Yamaha shop had a riders day a few weeks ago and I had my first opportunity to ride a new VMAX. Did I love it? Absolutely. Did I love it more than my B-King? Absolutely not. Both are powerful, but the King is easier to ride, much more flickable, and a good 100 lbs lighter, just feels faster. Someday, I will probably have a new VMAX too, when I find a reasonable priced used one, but for 7K, I think my money was much more wisely spent on the King! Here's the specs from the article, if you can't read them, the important numbers are this:

B-King

Weight 578 lbs
Horsepower 161.5 @ 9500 RPM
Torque 97.9 ft @ 7000 RPM
Quarter mile: 10.13 @ 139.31 mph

VMAX

Weight 700 lbs
Horsepower 169.6 @ 8750 RPM
Torque 109.7 @ 6500 RPM
Quarter mile: 10.41 @ 137.40 mph

B-King001.jpg

2009_VMAX001.jpg

The B-King is a sport bike I don't care what you say ,,,just look at the style from the side it is for sure leaning forward in that classic caffe style stance . Although I do think the Gen II and the Diavel "s drasticly over exaggerated looks do hurt the overall appeal of the bike , they still look better than that ugly ass Bthing,,,, IMHO that is.......just saying.....:rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200:

Ya Know.....Just a random thought...maybe cause Ive been watching SquidBillies with my kid, but if it were possible to breed a V-MAX with a GSXR you could get the inbred look of the B-King.
I mean dont get me wrong I would never condone such an act but in a weird cousin loving kinda way they do look related.
booty-hunter-squidbillies-21623088-360-288.png

Back