Difference in carbs?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cyclejohn

Reaction score
I bought a set of carbs off ebay from a '05 Max mainly because I like to tinker. I have an '03 Vmax and the carbs look the same except for one thing. On the '05 there is a rubber hose connected to a port at the bottom of the carb that the choke lever is attached to. On my '03 Max carbs that port is blocked off. Could this be because the '05 carbs are from a Max that had smog equipment on it? Or was this some kind of upgrade from '03? Any reason I couldn't just plug this hose? Thanks in advance for your insight. John

Sounds like the vacuum sensor, connected to the front left intake manifold? (below the carbs)

I believe the CDI varies the advance & retard depending on differences in vacuum readings, I thought it was on all Vmax models

That's used for California bikes. The hose goes to a small tank for emissions. For non CA bikes, it's capped off.

I was thinking the same thing when I read the first post. Rings true that Comifornia would do that.

First, Thanks for the Help. Second, I just now took a pic of the hose I'm talking about. Should have done that in the first post. John

Attachments

• IM000235.jpg
    IM000235.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 34
  • IM000236.jpg
    IM000236.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 35
Back