Dimotiv Engine Guards

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There is nothing different for the 04's and up. Heck, there is an 86 Vmax for sale on here that has an 07 engine. The frame are all alike.

Thanks guys. Unless a good deal on used ones comes up soon I'll probably get these.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

I got the Dimotiv engine guards in. They're not too bad, I like them. They fit, came with some hardware, and look fine. The "v" sticker isn't exactly virtical haha. Is the "v" metal or a sticker on the OEM ones?

bec3d76ebb9f35c1d3f00af7c1cbf04d.jpg

874e0f31e0b77aae36cdfbf7d7d0d1cb.jpg

c17baa53310e77f927c278390d10960c.jpg

I want to paint them black. I am thinking either flat black spray paint, black undercoating, or maybe plasti-dip. Any suggestions for a diy job?

Seeing as how yours are brand new and the chrome is good, I'd probably plasti dip them. You'll have a hard time getting regular paint to stick to the chrome, plus then it will be removable and you'll have fresh chrome still.

Ok good to know, I haven't tried to paint over crome before. How tough is plasti-dip? Would it handle rock chips better than normal spray paint?

I would give Plastic-Dip a try first, because the chrome is still good, and the process is reversible.
After the chrome on my bike's guards began to peel, I sandblasted the remaining chrome off, and powdercoated them. The coating is still in good shape, after 9 years.
Painting directly over chrome is a no-no. Just too smooth a surface.
Cheers!

Back