Does anybody know this bike/owner?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Probably worried about scammers. Ask him how he would prefer to be paid and assure him you will do any and all ship cost. He will want cash which I am sure can be worked out. Even a wire transfer or western union payment (that he can immediately cash with them).

http://marshall.craigslist.org/mcy/4213824867.html

I had this bought, but he won't sell it to me because I'm out of state.

He must think he has to do something more then "sign the title". Hopefully someone knows him and can put his mind at ease.

Appears to be a terrific deal, but I'd wonder why the original back tire had to be replaced so soon - can you say BURNOUTS boys&girls???????
May not be a big deal to most, but might also mean that bike has seen more serious abuse -I'm thinking second gear issues. I'd insist on a test ride.

Cheers!

Appears to be a terrific deal, but I'd wonder why the original back tire had to be replaced so soon - can you say BURNOUTS boys&girls???????
May not be a big deal to most, but might also mean that bike has seen more serious abuse -I'm thinking second gear issues. I'd insist on a test ride.

Cheers!
I don't think burnouts are the cause at all. My stock dunlop gave up at about the same mileage, and it was from riding 2 up everywhere....not burnouts. As far as him not dealing out of state, you might have to call him and assure your intentions are legit.

Maybe he owes some money on it... he does say "no out of state inquiries"

Maybe he owes some money on it... he does say "no out of state inquiries"

Yup sounds like the title is likely to have a lien holder on it. After all the ad doesn't say clean title anyway.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Could have been plagued by the "I am overseas in the army and want to buy this for my little brother and will pay you more than you are asking and the shipping if you put it on a container for me" scammer. Now he just wants to see people in person with cash in hand to make sure they are legit. We get those scam artists everytime we post something for sale on autotrader or kijiji/craiglist

That is quite odd. I have an Aunt in Minneapolis, might be able to convince her to orchestrate it on your behalf. I'm also in Iowa at the moment so it isn't too far, but my license is FL.

I head back home Monday but will be back up here later in the month if you think there is anything I can do.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I would ask for better pictures, all the way around... and picture of the title. if he will do it.

There's a lot of scams on craigslist...

Better look at the pics a lil closer look like the front wheel is broke at the rotor bolt
looks like the shifter is new looking compared to other things and looks like a mark on the stator cover right in front of the shifter:ummm: looks like it was outside alot from what I can see.. Im not sure of any of what I said but I would blow the pics up and look at them better:confused2:

• The front rotor bolt wheel hub is in the shadow behind the fork leg is all I see
  • The shifter does look suspicious, let's sweat the truth out of it
  • The 'mark on the stator cover' is just the side of one of the ridged segments machined in the cover
  • What I did notice which escaped your minute scrutiny is the ring on the left front fork, probably from a blown fork seal
  • Leaving a bike outside extensively in a normal temperate climate will usually rust the disc brake rotor edges and the body of the rear shocks, and cause an accumulation of debris in the horizontal surfaces of the engine side covers, none of which I see signs-of
  • The engine side covers have a minimal amount of wear to the covers' paint from boots rubbing which I would expect to see given the low mileage claim, as more wear would indicate more use
  • That's how I see the bike, I find the claimed mileage plausible and doubt it has spent much time uncovered in the weather. It does show a cover, after-all

Better look at the pics a lil closer look like the front wheel is broke at the rotor bolt
looks like the shifter is new looking compared to other things and looks like a mark on the stator cover right in front of the shifter:ummm: looks like it was outside alot from what I can see.. Im not sure of any of what I said but I would blow the pics up and look at them better:confused2:

I bought my Vmax from out of state, off craigslist. He was in Michigan and I am in NY. I called him and sent him a $500 deposit through paypal. I drove out to michigan with a trailer, looked the bike over. Test drove it. I decided to buy it. Gave him the rest in cash, loaded the bike and drove home. How far away are you from the bike? I don't get the out of state issue. If you pay him, whats the difference where the money comes from. You said you had it bought at one point. What was supposed to be the method of payment?

All I can say is I bought my Vmax out of state and without an honest seller and good pictures you are taking a shot in the dark. I'm not saying that is the case here but once you drive or arrange someone else to buy it, you are pretty committed, even if there are obvious issues when you or you proxy arrives. I paid 1700 for mine, it looked like a good deal in the pics, now I know it was probably worth $500.

I bought my Vmax from out of state, off craigslist. He was in Michigan and I am in NY. I called him and sent him a $500 deposit through paypal. I drove out to michigan with a trailer, looked the bike over. Test drove it. I decided to buy it. Gave him the rest in cash, loaded the bike and drove home. How far away are you from the bike? I don't get the out of state issue. If you pay him, whats the difference where the money comes from. You said you had it bought at one point. What was supposed to be the method of payment?

When you test drive a used bike do you hand the guy the cash to hold while you test drive (if he says no cash no test ride) or just show it to him so he sees you are serious. Never bought a used bike directly from someone so want to know what the protocol is if/when I do get one?

Did you ask him why he wont sell to out of state residents? Ive purchased bikes out of state mainly because the bike I was looking for wasn't available locally and I never had a problem.

You cant blame the guy. There is far too many dishonest people out there, hiding behind a keyboard looking to scam people out of their money, and possessions. Ask the guy for his phone number, and speak to him directly, like someone who is serious about buying his bike

I just bought an '09 from Texas (about 5.5 hours away from me). I "met" the guy on the starvmax forum. We just exchanged numbers, and I asked him to send me a video of a (preferably) cold start on the bike. He posted the video to his Youtube account. We talked over the phone, and orchestrated the sale that way. My brother and I drove down to pick it up, and I rode it back. I think it helps to talk over the phone.

Latest posts

Back