Does the front wheel from 92 or later fit 86 model?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eckhoff

Reaction score
My front wheel seems to be slightly bent and starts shaking at 120 km/h or above. Does the front wheel of a 1992 or later fit, my bike is 1986. All I can find are wheels for those later models.

You'll just need to swap your brake rotors over.

Mark

You'll just need to swap your brake rotors over.

Mark

"True, dat."

Better order some button-head machine screws to replace your current screws, and use heat before you try to loosen them, but NOT with any air in the tire! Remove your valve stem core before trying the use of heat, otherwise your tire could explode. The thread locker on the screws is very-persistent in not surrendering its grip, and the small allen-head will often strip-out when you're trying to remove the bolts. Then your best-bet is to use a cold chisel to turn counter-clockwise the screw heads. After heating them.

I actually change the rotors this spring, even though the ones from 86 still were working fine. Had no problem with loosening the screws, but thanks for good advice. I might need it if I buy a new tire, because I used thread lock when I installed the new ones.
(Fender is being painted. And I have changed back to original exhaust after this were taken)

91325xe986f

Last edited:
My front wheel seems to be slightly bent and starts shaking at 120 km/h or above. Does the front wheel of a 1992 or later fit, my bike is 1986. All I can find are wheels for those later models.

From what I understand there could be many reasons for this death wobble, not just a bent rim. Headstock bearings, tyre pressure, wheel bearings, tire counter weight fell off, etc etc. On the FB group, this conversation come up very often, so may need some more investigation...or not. Best of luck. Mine starts at 160kph, so i decided to just not go that fast, easy.

From what I understand there could be many reasons for this death wobble, not just a bent rim. Headstock bearings, tyre pressure, wheel bearings, tire counter weight fell off, etc etc. On the FB group, this conversation come up very often, so may need some more investigation...or not. Best of luck. Mine starts at 160kph, so i decided to just not go that fast, easy.
Head bearings are high on the list. I've been balancing with Dyna Beads for a few years. I like them a lot.

Back