Down pipes connection

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

satariel666

Reaction score
In OEM stock exhaust we have an connection beteween front headers, that one close to numer 28 on the pic.
Also i beileve that thers an connection beteween two rear pipes but hidden in the muffler.

I have on my garage an Laser system and there's also an rear connection in the rear ones but outside mufflers, directly on the pipes.

I have an Two Brothers Rancing oval carbon fibre mufflers with stock headers.
I'm on the progress in making new joints beteween mufflers and the headers.
I have them right now made from steel and have some rust and chrome its not good looking so i plan to make new ones form stainless.
I have an crashed supertrapps and also crashed laser's so i have some organs to transplant :D

Anyway my questios is there any sense to keep the connections beteween headers?

I have ridden a lot of miles with only front connection with TBR setup and i have an DynoJS7 with K&N's and bike runs great.

I have an couple options here.
-Remove front conn.
-Add rear conn. and keep front
-remove front one and make real 4 into 2

But...is this worth?

Anyway im not looking for any extra performance...

0011.Gif

You don't have to as most aftermarket systems don't have it except for Mark's systems, I think.

Well most of the aftermarket uses a stock pipes but some have rear connection and some do not. I think i will cut and wled out that front one :)
We will se what happens but nothing special i guess :)

Back