dyna 3000 question

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

odieoh24

Reaction score
the end of the season last year i installed a set of stage 7 carbs. over the winter i purchased a dyna 3000. i want to do a baseline dyno pull and was wondering, should i do the run prior to the install? or can i install the dyna and get the same results if i do the first run with the dyna set on the stock setting? i'm curious as to wether or not i would get the same results, or if the stock setting on the dyna would provide a better number than the stock ignition? i'm figuring they should be similar. dyno time here is pretty spendy, $120.00 for 3 pulls-hp, torque, and air/fuel, so i need one run for setting 4 and one for setting 5, leaving one remaining for either stock ignition or dyna set on stock setting. all input is appreciated. plus, if i need to do the baseline with the stock ignition, i'll have to install the dyna in their parking lot to do the other 2 runs.
after this is sorted, should i be looking to re-synch the carbs? i just had it done when i installed the stage 7 carbs. i got a carbtune II when i ordered my stuff from exactrep, so i guess if it needs to be done, i'll get to try it out!

later odieoh24

If you are going to run the Dyna then dont worry about running your stock ignition. I would try a pull with the Dyna set on curve 1 for your baseline. This keeps you from having to change it out in their parking lot. It will be easier to just change the dip switches. If you are going to run curve 4 or 5 I would go with one range colder plug as well. Those curves are pretty far advanced and I found a colder plug helps. I have high compression pistons and with the advance curve I never had to run anything higher than 87 octane.
Hopes this helps
Cheers

Back