ebay brake pads

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crashmymax

Reaction score
anyone buy the cheap ebay brake pad sets? 30-40 $$ for fronts and rears are they any good? I might try a set and see.

I like the HH pads up front. Not a lot more money. In the back? I use whatever is available. The ceramics were all I could get local when I needed them. They work ok.
Steve-o

If your talkin about the set of 3 and they are from South Florida,,,,,,I would not bother.
1----I bought a set and they would not let me pick up even though I live about 3 miles away.
2----The brake quality looks good, but not HH (but you pay for HH)
3----the pad plate was a couple mm wide on the sides of the whole set I bought, and I had them already for a couple months...so I grinded down the edges, and use them on the back...did well, but did wear a little faster than the HH......but I'm hard on my brakes.

Get the EBC "HH" pads...really the best out there. I tried the bargain "generic" pads on my Magna because they were cheap and they were worse than the worn out 25 year old originals. Might as well been made of wood.

I've got around 15k miles on the front HH (in R1 calipers) and ride fairly hard, they're still at least 50%, probably better. The front wheel will get faintly dusty after a few weeks....really not bad for high performance brakes. I've seen some where the front wheel is totally gray after a day.

Back