Ebay rotors

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Only the early rotors had the arrow on them. The later rotors are cross drilled and don't matter which side. They are 4.5-5mm thick. The lighter the rotor the better they will be for handling typically.

I can't remember right now if it's a right front or a left front caliper when using the R1 conversion for the rear? It would make sense for the RF but I think the actual is the LF. Sad thing is I just used one of these a couple of days ago lol!

Sean

The ad for the billet bracket says rt frt caliper, i guess i can get the bracket and kinda fit it against the two frts i already have a see which i need to source...
ad also says i need a longer brake line and i emailed the guy and he says brake line p/n 077360 49401 what ever brand that is????

ok Sean, i may be calling you for some parts!!!

doug hunt

My friend Sam, just ordered that rotor and two front rotors for his '02. once I put them on, I'll see if he'll make some comments on them.

I got that rear rotor with a set of semi-floating wave fronts.
The quality looks good, and everything bolts up fine.
Can't comment on performance as the bike is still in bits.

The slotting on the rotors has several effects (more on the wave style fronts).
They are lighter, and should cool better.
Also they are less likely to warp as they heat up as the expansion can be taken up by the holes, and the pads can pull the rotors straight easier.
Another difference should be from continually changing the point of contact of the brake pad on the rotor the pads should heat more evenly and just plain old work better.

At least, that what I'm hoping! ;-)

anybody order the chinese wave rotors lately?
ad says be prepared for import duty/taxes and wont refund if you dont pay?
how much we talking here anyways?
already about 200.00 a pair so what should i expect to add on to that?

thanks

doug hunt

My friend Sam, just ordered that rotor and two front rotors for his '02. once I put them on, I'll see if he'll make some comments on them.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Yama...3803020QQptZMotorcyclesQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

After Sam ordered the rear rotor and two matching front from this seller, As soon as they came in, he brought his max and the unopened box-o-brake rotors over for me to install. I pulled out the rotors only to find they were all the same size (just fine for the early gen I's, but not for his newer gen I).
After explaining this to him, he emailed the seller to return the two smaller/early model rotor. The seller did not want to give a refund. Needless to say after complaining to eBay, He finally agreed to the refund, if Sam paid for the shipping. Not acceptable, Sam complained to eBay again on why should he be punished when he supplied the correct bike year and the screw-up was the seller and not him (seller thought that the Vmax still was wearing the same size brakes front and rear).

Finally after the eBay complaint period, he finally got his $ back and sent off the rotors. He then went with Toby Huang, and had no problems.

Like I've said before, I'm using the Toby Huang Rotors front and rear for a few seasons now and I still stop on a dime. There are a few other's out there and are enjoying them as well.

Attachments

• 7_9_11_a.jpg
    7_9_11_a.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 21
  • 7_9_11_b.jpg
    7_9_11_b.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 19
  • Vmax.jpg
    Vmax.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 23
Last edited:

Latest posts