Ebay rotors

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Never heard of anyone using one from that seller.
It specifies rear so it *should* fit without an adapter.

The other ones that guys were getting from ebay are 93+ front rotors. They can be used on the rear wheel but they require an adapter. The adaptor can be purchased from Sean Morley. They are made by Steve (Jedi)

These are the rotors others are buying that require the adapter:
http://cgi.ebay.com/FRONT-BRAKE-DIS...47?pt=UK_Motorcycle_Parts&hash=item1c1d53dbf3

They should fit on the front for the early model too. I am thinking about getting them for the front on my 85

I got mine from Toby Huang on eBay. I've never been happier. Just this change alone on my stock brakes made a 150% difference. To the point I cancelled the my order for braided brake lines. I can lock up the front and the back. It by far is the top thing I've done to my bike.

To run them on the back and on the front for years less than '93, you'll need the caliper adaptors.

Attachments

• Vmax.jpg
    Vmax.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 59
  • July_vmax.jpg
    July_vmax.jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 53
I've been eye balling these rotors too. They look like they might be the same front back left right on older Gen 1's. Anybody know?
Steve-o

If it fits the rear it should also fit the front on 85-92. Not sure if the bolt holes on those are counterbored and if they are not im not sure if it would cause an interference issue with the fork leg?

It will fit all years rear. 85-92 fronts with stock brake setup (but why would you do that when you can get the hayabusa conversion stuff from me and have light years better braking).

Sean

It will fit all years rear. 85-92 fronts with stock brake setup (but why would you do that when you can get the hayabusa conversion stuff from me and have light years better braking).

Sean
If I was just doing it now I'd go with the conversion kit from you. I did the Nissin 4 pot a while ago and need to live with that for now. The Nissin with HH pads, though prob not as good as the 6 pots, is still a lot better than the stock 4 pot on newer gen 1's. Money still tight on this end.
Steve-o

That's ok, you'll still find a buyer eventually for the 4 piston setup when you are ready to move up.

Sean

I contacted Toby Huang on ebay. He said he doesn't have the rear rotor for the Max. Is it the same size as the front?

I contacted Toby Huang on ebay. He said he doesn't have the rear rotor for the Max. Is it the same size as the front?

Yes, with the adaptor.
What I did was; went in with another member and purchased another set from him and split the cost.

Rear is 282mm diameter. Older models front is the same, newer models front is 298mm diameter... Bolt pattern is the same...

I just oredered another set of those rotors and plan on using one for the rear. I'll be using an adapter to fit it. So I'll have one extra rotor. If anyone is looking to do the same contact me and we can work something out.

Dale #2592

I got mine from Toby Huang on eBay. I've never been happier. Just this change alone on my stock brakes made a 150% difference. To the point I cancelled the my order for braided brake lines. I can lock up the front and the back. It by far is the top thing I've done to my bike.

To run them on the back and on the front for years less than '93, you'll need the caliper adaptors.

I am thinking of getting these rotors and i notice in his description it says disc thickness is 5mm.
I thought the front rotors were supposed to be 7.5mm???

thanks
doug hunt

I just oredered another set of those rotors and plan on using one for the rear. I'll be using an adapter to fit it. So I'll have one extra rotor. If anyone is looking to do the same contact me and we can work something out.

Dale #2592

see my previous post and question about these rotors

i currently have the R1 blue spot calipers on the front, i am planning on getting two sets of these and using a custom bracket to run another blue spot caliper [right side] on the rear with a right front rotor in place there as well.......

doug hunt

ok, so more looking on ebay and i notice that this same seller has these rotors with solid carriers and also with carriers that have cutouts [shapes]in them, seems that the solid carrier version is a little higher.

any thoughts on which is best??

thanks

doug hunt

Only the early rotors had the arrow on them. The later rotors are cross drilled and don't matter which side. They are 4.5-5mm thick. The lighter the rotor the better they will be for handling typically.

I can't remember right now if it's a right front or a left front caliper when using the R1 conversion for the rear? It would make sense for the RF but I think the actual is the LF. Sad thing is I just used one of these a couple of days ago lol!

Sean

Only the early rotors had the arrow on them. The later rotors are cross drilled and don't matter which side. They are 4.5-5mm thick. The lighter the rotor the better they will be for handling typically.

I can't remember right now if it's a right front or a left front caliper when using the R1 conversion for the rear? It would make sense for the RF but I think the actual is the LF. Sad thing is I just used one of these a couple of days ago lol!

Sean
Typically right one but I have used left on mine previous swingarm.

Back