Electric Bike Crash

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

clintard

Reaction score
Painfull Embarrassment

Los Angeles (CA) ? The inventor of the ?KillaCycle? electric motorcycle almost killed himself during a demonstration at the Wired NextFest conference. Bill Dube, a government scientist during the day and electric bike builder at night, did a ?burn out? in front of the Los Angeles Convention Center, but accidentally accelerated too much and crashed into a Minivan.

it's like pee-wee's big adventure when he rides into the billboard. classic.

With Video:

http://www.tgdaily.com/html_tmp/content-view-33853-113.html

Enjoy

ok, answer this question. if he was doing just a burnout, when he started to take off why didn't he just pull in the clutch and stop? He had a long stretch to go before he got to the mini van. Plent of room to stop, but he just rode it out.:ummm:

You can here him say that it stuck on. Being an electric bike it may not have a clutch and just a on/off switch. Still an idiot for not wearing any safety gear, he won't do that again. But Damn that thing was fast!

Last edited:
Acutally he said:

"It got away from me. Actually, it stuck on."

I kind of wonder if he wasn't trying to save face. Still an idiot for not wearing the right gear, and I do hope he's okay.

Sweet bike none the less.

That man has no business doing anything except wrenching on that bike!

He was making excuses and scared to death before he ever swung his leg over. Then not putting on a protective gear and clearing the down field area??? Lucky he didn't hit and kill someone in the process.

Wondering if being on camera had anything to do with his sack feeling larger than normal :hmmm:

Hope he lives to learn the lesson and makes a full recovery.

:cheers:

Neil

Man that thing took off quick especially considering he probably had the brakes on the whole way. Lucky the van was there before he got too much speed up.

Man that thing can accelerate! Needs something on it that will play a nice "exhaust sound" though.

Back