electric fan thermostat installation

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vmaxed1989

Reaction score
Anyone give a detailed break down with procedure on installing a new electric fan thermostat? I have a 1989 vmax . If I have to remove false tank etc. need to know the best way.
Mike

Sorry forgot. Bike cool,Remove scoop,remove plastic cover (it pull right off), remove cap, unplug wires, unscrew switch, when you pull it out cover the hole with your thumb, screw the new one in,oh move your thumb first. Put everything back in reverse order. Add coolant to top off system , go ride.

great someone said the false tank had to be removed. Installing a stat from outlaw to cool it down a bit!

You have to remove the faux tank to get to the top allen screw holding the right side scoop.
Turn the key to the right to pop open the faux tank.

Key goes in the faux tank key lock. Turn to pop bottom end up, then pull bottom end toward rear of the bike....
8e301fdd975475fa495909c64961a97d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Also makes it a little easier if you push down on the back of the faux tank next to the seat then turn the key and it will lift up. Pull it back towards the back of the bike off the 2 round rubber grommets.

Back