Electrical issue?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gundoc_iowa

Reaction score
I am getting ready to get the bike out for the season, the first time I started it, it started and ran fine, but the battery seemed a little weak. When i went out today to start the bikes (after charging the Magna's battery) the old Honda fired up. But the Vmax (04 btw) acted like it does if the run switch is off. I push the start button, and nothing happens. Fuse? I doubt it would be anything major, and I'm going to try to diagnose it tomorrow. But thought I'd ask here, bounce some ideas around.

Do the lights come on or is it completely dead? If the former it ain't a fuse.

Is the switch set to 'Run'?
Failing that then the quickest way to find the problem is to start at the battery and work your way along the starting circuit to establish at what point you loose power.

If you just stab at it you may strike lucky but you may also waste a lot of time.

No the lights come on like they are supposed to. When i push the button the speedo goes dark like it. Or mall does when you start the bike, no noise or action though.

If the battery IS good, and charged, you might have a sticky clutch switch, or a sticky side stand switch.

It started fine Friday night. Then when I went to start it Saturday afternoon it cranked a little but didn't start. I put it on a 12v 2amp charge for about 6 hours. Went back out and nothing. Headlight etc goes out when I push the button, but no cranking. I didn't move the clutch lever or the kickstand at all. Bike is in neutral and set to the run position.

Back