engine mount

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CYRUS

Reaction score
can somebody point out to me where are the engine mounts on the vmax?
the reason why im asking is because im trying to design a whole new frame but i still havnt found my vmax donor so i dont have a bike to bas my designs from besides the pictures i see
btw, is there a reason why the bottom frame rail of the vmax frame removable?

The bottom rail is removable so you can remove the motor. I'll look for a picture that shows the mounting points.

The bottom rail is removable so you can remove the motor. I'll look for a picture that shows the mounting points.

can you not take out the motor with out removing the bottom rail?
pictures of the engine mounts would help me out alot

I've got a few pics of engines on a stand in my engine section on our website. The engine is bolted to the lower front mounts (there are upper fronts too) and also the rear mounts. The engine will not remove from the frame without taking the section of frame out (unless you want to cut the bike in half to get it out).

Not sure what you would like as far as a donor or parts but I am sure we could help you out with that too. We have a good selection of parts on hand and even offer a few chain drive conversion types that might let you have more options (one of the chain drive conversions would let you do a 300 rear tire very easy). I think there are even pics of that in the trans section.

www.MorleysMuscle.com

Sean

I've got a few pics of engines on a stand in my engine section on our website. The engine is bolted to the lower front mounts (there are upper fronts too) and also the rear mounts. The engine will not remove from the frame without taking the section of frame out (unless you want to cut the bike in half to get it out).

Not sure what you would like as far as a donor or parts but I am sure we could help you out with that too. We have a good selection of parts on hand and even offer a few chain drive conversion types that might let you have more options (one of the chain drive conversions would let you do a 300 rear tire very easy). I think there are even pics of that in the trans section.

www.MorleysMuscle.com

Sean

hey sean looks like you've just updated your website. the pictures aren't comming up yet. ill try it again tom.
as for the chain conversion, im not sure if i want a 240 or a 300 rear tire as of yet but im pretty sure ill be giving you a shout if this project gets rolling.

Pics are working ok. Might have to try another browser. What are you using? Maybe a refresh (F5) ??

Sean

Here you go.

Sean

Attachments

• Mount Locations.JPG
    Mount Locations.JPG
    73.4 KB · Views: 13
  • Mount Locations Engine.jpg
    Mount Locations Engine.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 14
Back