Erik Buell/ Dead

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just sold a 2002 buell x1 lightning and 1 week ago got a letter from them stating the doors will be closed and they would only be selling what they had left for 1 week.

Attachments

• SANY3149.jpg
    SANY3149.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 18
I so damn nearly bought an X1 stripe in 2000, I was fascinated with it but the additional performance of the Triumph Triple had me hooked. I have long respected the ingenuity and outside the box thinking of EB. Sad to see it come to an end, he had a good thing going there. I wonder what this will do to the value of the existing Buell models already on the street.

From the title, I thought Erik Buell actually died.
I wouldn't be surprised to see his name pop up somewhere else in the industry.

I'm w/you, I thought I was going to be reading an obituary. Glad that wasn't the case.

I recall seeing one of his Battletwins at Daytona, on the Sunday morning parade. That was his first bike, I'm not counting the Armstrong racebike. When I got back to FL I heard someone on one was in a horrible accident and I wondered if the guy I saw was 'the one.' I have a pic of him riding it in my film prints, yes, it was that long ago!

Excelsior/Henderson, now Buell, what is the next American 'orphan bike' going to be? Motus? Confederate?

From the title, I thought Erik Buell actually died.
I wouldn't be surprised to see his name pop up somewhere else in the industry.

When he partnered w/the Indian company (Hero) doing design & dev't work for them, I thought he'd be able to have a couple of bikes be their prestige line, maybe a carryover of the 1125 or something, but it didn't work. I wonder where he will turn up next?

I never met a Buell i didn't beat:eusa_dance: A Buell was my first street race with my vmax. Light to light in Lockport NY. Mopped him up. Raced 2 or 3 at the drags, with the same result.

buell--
[SIZE=-1]PSM[/SIZE][SIZE=-1] [/SIZE][SIZE=-1]199.88[/SIZE][SIZE=-1]03/29/15[/SIZE][SIZE=-1]Hector Arana Jr - Milltown, IN
'11 Buell
[/SIZE][SIZE=-1]Concord, NC[/SIZE]

vmax---https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t0H7AJbYEUQ

Back