erik-buell-racing-shuts-down-

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i traded a buell X1 lightning for a vmax and a 2 thousand cash -- i put all of the $ in the yam and do not regret a day of it.

That's unfortunate. Lately he has built top-notch bikes but when you only cater to the 1% it's going to be hard to make money. Erik is a top-notch engineer...but not a very good business man/owner. IMO.

I was riding last week with two Buells. Met them at a gas stop. One was a piped and mapped 1125 and the other a 1200. They remarked that the 1125 was much faster and could run with a Busa. My son was on his 06 piped and mapped Busa and me on my Gen 2. On a straight run the two Buells rolled on against my son's Busa and he soundly spanked them. They dropped back to pick on my Gen 2. It was almost over before it started. They had no idea how easy my Vmax spanks my son's Busa. it was a lot of fun and they were great guys. I will say, the 1125 Buell sounded really wicked.
Rick

Its a shame... creative and innovative... like nothing else out there and moves the soul the way our beloved Vmaxes do...

I always liked his work, and that he tried to give the motor company an performance motorcycle but it seems they wanted nothing of his genius.:confused2:

Latest posts

Back