Facebook cure!!!!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My husband rides a 2011 Ninja 1000 named Spook. : )

Somebody's gonna get their ass kicked for the old ppl comments. haha.

Ohhh noooo he didn't mean that "old comment" for me. I'm 30 ... I'm far from old ... I hope. lol.

I'm only 6 years older, so I hope I'm not "old"yet either.
Heh, I think it's kind of cool both of our spouses ride new model Kawasakis. So did he get you into riding, or vice versa? Or did you enter into the venture together. You mentioned kids. Any plans to get them on mini bikes?

We're definitely not old ... i don't care what anyone says. HA!!

I've ridden dirt bikes since 4 yrs old ... He's ridden both for years. He bought his bike ... I rode bitch 2 times & that was more than enough ... we bought me one 2 weeks later. I sold it 2 weeks ago & bought my Maxine. : )

We have 2 boys (10 & 3) and 1 girl (6) @ home. We have 1 boy (19) too (my step son). The 10 yr old likes 4 wheelers & go karts. May get him on a dirt bike before too much longer. The girl is scared to break a nail ... all she cares about is Justin Beiber (God help us). The 3 yr old is as tall and big as our 6 yr old & LOVES to ride on our bikes around the yard. : ) The 19 yr old had his own crotch rocket for a while ... sold it ... hasn't bought another one.

That's cool! The six year old sounds like a typical 6 yr old girl. I sometimes envy friends and peers with kids and other times am so so grateful to have none. One thing I don't envy is having to listen to Beiber ( I kid! Kid! ) :)
We both started riding street. I rode briggs an stratton minibikes as a kid but my first real bike was an old Norton I got in college. After I got my 2nd bike she took the MSF course and got up on two wheels.
The KLX is is her return to riding after a lay off of about 6 years and has been her main way back to and from school this semester. (Mid thirties and she has gone back to school full time on my GI Bill) It is also the first "real" dirt bike I have ridden(yes I consider a dual sport a "real" dirt bike). As much as I LOVE my Max, I have to admit I am a little jealous of the ability to break across the open prairie.

Tim (my hubby) rode dual sport bikes on & off. He likes them. I've never been on one. I never took any courses ... I just jumped on & hoped for the best. lol. We have a lot of fun being able to ride together ... in comfort. ha.

Tim (my hubby) rode dual sport bikes on & off. He likes them. I've never been on one. I never took any courses ... I just jumped on & hoped for the best. lol. We have a lot of fun being able to ride together ... in comfort. ha.
I'm way more comfortable riding beside someone than 2 up.

On his Ninja 2-up he'll be taking us around curves doing way too many MPH. lol. Sometimes I feel as though I'll become a parachute if he don't slow down. :rofl_200: We rode 2 up on the Max for the first time today .... way more comfy than on his. That little perch of a rear seat on the Ninja is a joke.

I see your "Maxine" has the backrest, too. Great fo 2up riding. She wouldn't get on the little excuse for a tail pad the FZR had when it was my main ride.

i'll do it ... rarely. it's awful if you're going very far. he found a great replacement seat for his bike so we'll be ordering it in the next little bit. hopefully it's as fantastic as the reviews say. ya never know.

Speaking of seats, how di you like yours? One of the first thing I did was ordered a Muscle seat from Sean Morley. A few 200 mile days later I had no complaints.

Mine has a Corbin seat w/a back rest (as you already know). I need to check out the Morley seat real quick. I'm looking to change out seats sometime soon.

Morley will also do cut down and re covered versions of the Corbin, too. Whatever you decide on for a seat he should be able to work with you.
I just saw on your other thread you want a seat with hot pink stitching. He can DEF do that :)

Last edited:
I want a whole new seat. The Corbin is pretty but it's too wide/tall or something for me. It's uncomfortable when I put my feet down at stops. I need something more low profile.

He might take your Corbin in on a core charge toward a cut down version of one of his seats. ( With hot pick stiches of course)

Is that Guntown as in MS? We use to live down in Columbus.

2 up lol! my wife, took her up to about 50 mph and she was beating the crap out of me! told her about getting a goldwing or something like that and she relates those to old people. I am 38 and think of comfort for her and not as being old, but smart enough to accept comfort when it is right there in front of your face. I told her I am not going to be sitting around and in depends realizing it is too late to enjoy life! piss on it I am doing it now! like I want to go on several 100 mile rides, stay the night in a hotel etc. I know that will never happen because I will hear her crab about how uncomfortable the max is, or her hair is a mess etc. etc. So I will be more than likely riding by myself.

. I told her I am not going to be sitting around and in depends realizing it is too late to enjoy life! piss on it I am doing it now!

Like the man said "Get busy livin' or get busy dyin'"

l

Back